Small private group for people weighing 200+ pounds

Options
2»

Replies

• twilightsong
    Options
    Good morning! What perfect timing for me to see this message board. I would love to be added to the group. I have struggled with my weight for a long time and have weighed anywhere between 196-263 during the past 4 years. I had lost down to 196 last spring and was on my way to losing more until the stress of a life-changing event got the best of me. I'm now sitting at 236.

I'm sitting here this morning working on my strategy for getting back on track (planning menus, joining a gym, handling potential setbacks, etc.) and ran across this message board. I believe I can offer lots of support and can also use lots of support.

I'm 55 years old, and since the scale has moved up to 236, my aging body really feels the detrimental effects. I ache more, am stiff longer, and have less energy than I used to.

I'd love to join you in this weight loss journey!

:smile:
  • krisp1108
    krisp1108 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well, you're probably full up by now in your group but if not: My heaviest was 234. I actually got down to 159! But I got scared and freaked out by the attention I was getting. People treat you SOOOOO differently when you're obese and when you're a normal weight. I didn't know how to handle it. I was never thin. So guess what?! Back to 226 but this time I know what happened so I'm mentally prepared.
    Anyway, if you're group is full, I wish you all the best of luck and lots of losses! If not...... :)
  • tsugrl04
    tsugrl04 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I have always been big ( I was over 120lbs in 3rd grade) and on. In July I was 279-282 and I have lost 23lbs by logging my food and moderate exercise! I would like to lose 50lbs and more than that once I meet that goal. I started a new job so I haven't been in my workout routine for about 4wks. I really need encouragement and better sleep/workout habits.
  • lynno18
    Options
    I would like to join. I started out at 311 in August and I am down to 291 right now. Some days I do better than others. It feels like I'm losing, just really slow. I feel like I should have lost more than 21 lbs. I'm trying to watch my calories. Currently I am on a 1740 a day calorie count. Just looking for support and giving support.
  • fat2fitx3
    Options
    I'd like to join. I have a lot of weight to lose. The worst part is that I've done this before. My last attempt was completed about 5 years ago. I reached a beautiful 135 and I felt and looked awesome. Then, I started regaining. Then I got pregnant for the fourth time and kept on gaining, and gaining...all the way up to an all-time high of 257. I'm resolved to do this for the FINAL time and get back down to 135 lbs. I need all the support and motivation I can get to sustain me during this long process.
  • Cammy_girl
    Cammy_girl Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes, very interested! Have been up and down for years, but enough is enough!
  • mphillip6
    mphillip6 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am very interested! I weigh 260 right now and have had many ups and downs while trying to lose weight. I think it would definitely help to be part of a group to have some good support, and to be able to give some support too!
  • jlbower25
    jlbower25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm interested in joining this group. About 3 years ago I weighed 300 and lost 60lbs. After a bad break I stopped dieting and gained 20 back. Now I'm ready to get back on board with my weight loss goals. I would love to participate in this group giving and receiving great support.
  • eledit
    Options
    I would be very interested. At my highest weight I was 242 pounds. I am now 204. I have lost and regained weight many times, but this time I'm seeing a therapist and he's helping with my emotional eating.
  • strong_enough
    strong_enough Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I would like to join please. I really need some help and motivation. I am about 240 and just found out that I have high cholesterol. I really need to get back on track and lose some weight. I had gotten down to about 220 6months ago with MFP.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this. I'm currently 235.
  • Bumblebee3441
    Bumblebee3441 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I need all of the encouragement and support I can get. I have reached my heaviest weight of 200...and I'm very discouraged this morning. I'm beginning to have health problems that come with being over wright. Thanks in advance for all of the support. I will be here for you as well. I know that if we are consistent then we can succeed!
  • 100over
    100over Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I've been a member for over a year of MFP but am trying again. I feel very motivated this time - first family vacation in 13 years next summer. And most of the friends I had gained haven't been on in a very long time so I'm really starting over alone.

Leah
  • kristen_karg
    kristen_karg Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely like to be in the group! It's so nice to know there are so many people getting healthy. It makes doing it so much easier knowing you've got people there to push you! :) count me in! :smile:
  • Bellasarah28
    Bellasarah28 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well! I started out at 260 last year, lost 30 lbs and am, shamefully, back up again. I definitely need motivation from people who are struggling where I'm struggling. I just started tracking my food again recently and started the 30-day shred today in the hopes of seeing some big changes by my 30th birthday - exactly one month from today - but with the overall goal of FINALLY feeling OK about myself and getting my health in check. Thanks for opening your group to new members.
  • Corpsebride81
    Corpsebride81 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 214lb but have lost 15lb since starting my weight loss so would be interested in joining. I'm always on and like to give and receive support xx
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Is this for people that will always be over 200 pounds or people trying to get under? I am a 6'8" male so I will always be around 265 even lean :)
  • queenb39
    queenb39 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a group to join for 200 plus. I need the support and I believe I can give support. I was 261 lbs. I am now 237 and everyday is a struggle. Please include me in your group.
  • Sidney79
    Sidney79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am interested in joining
    I am 54 years old and can not rember when I weighed less then 200 pounds.
    I have decided that I am done weighing this much and am doing the best I can but support. From others who understand the struggle. To lose weight when you weigh over 200 pounds is appreciated.
    I currently weigh 240 pounds, down from 275 a year ago.
    Thanks
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I finally got out of the 300s within the last month, and I'm looking for support to get out of the 200s for good I will be still visiting the 300 and up thread to support others because I know it's not easy to get out of the 300s...

sw: 330
    cw: 295
    gw 160 :smile: