Trying to stop myself from binging

I have been very stressed out at work lately. I hate my job and looking for a change at the moment and trying to study after coming back home from work but the emotional stress at workplace affecting me so much, I feel tired and drained and my brain doesnt work after coming back home. This in turn making me feel even worse as I am feeling I can't ever get out of this job which i hate doing and low pay.

Bottomline is I am depressed. And this is making me feel like binging. I actually couldnt control myself and had a plate of tandoori chicken biriyani at lunch yesterday. Today I had a soan papri (sweet) and lot of other stuff almost over my calories and still have dinner to go.. and I am craving like mad..

I dunno what to do except to rant here.. :'(

Replies

• jayaprathappsg
    jayaprathappsg Posts: 60 Member
    This is exactly why we have a support system in this website.. If you feel stressed out, please talk to your friends.. and take time to write a post.. It helped me a lot when I was in a similar situation..
  • tonixc
    tonixc Posts: 9 Member
    Just keep trying again. It will pass. I had done really well for like six months (the most sucessful I've have been in the last 5 years) and then I just couldn't stop eating and wouldn't work out. But everyday I tried to change and do better and I found that each small change or choice started to add up to big changes again. Its sooooo hard to stay on track so even if all of your choices are not perfect everyday remember that the little changes will start to add up before your eyes. Give yourself more credit!! Best wishes!!!!!!!
  • edwardskimber
    edwardskimber Posts: 7 Member
    Had my binge day 2 days ago when the power was out, huge snow storm, stuck in all day with nothing to do but eat. Trust me, the regret is not worth it!! Stick yourself in a bath with a book and a relaxing tea. It's easier to stay out of the kitchen if you're in the tub :D Good Luck! YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • wildeyezz
    wildeyezz Posts: 84 Member
    If you have something 'not to so good' at least don't feel guilty about it. Instead just enjoy it, move on and pick yourself back up again.

As long as your are taking two steps ahead and only one step backward you are still going in the right direction. It may take you longer to get there, but that's a choice you make.

Personally, when I'm in those moments I drink a glass of water and try to take a nap. By the time I wake-up the cravings are gone.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Fellow emotional eater here! I find that I have to get out ahead of the emotions before I start reaching for the food. Once I'm binging, there's no stopping me. But if I can find another way to channel the stress then I can usually stop the binge before it happens (though not always).

Journaling helps for me. Exercise helps too. Both are great stress relievers and I get to take out some of my frustrations of the day. Ranting here can be good, or to friends or family if you have someone you can talk to.

When I'm in the binge, I do my best to reach for better choices. Carrot sticks, wasabi peas, tuna. If it's a true binge, you can't always stop it. Sometimes you just have to mitigate the damage.
  • annadchang
    annadchang Posts: 60 Member
    I am right there with you. Cookies are my weakness. Been feeling unmotivated and unsupported lately. We can be friends and motivate and support eachother. I am usually on here everyday so no worries that I wouldn't be there.