who loves pb&J?!!

Options
fitinyoga14
fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
Let's turn this thread into one all about peanut butter, jelly, and all recipes associated with it. I love the flavors of peanut butter and fruit together, and I don't mean only on sandwiches. So post your favorite recipes containing peanut butter and/or fruit here!!
I'll start with some ideas:

Peanut butter oatmeal with fruit preserves

Ingredients:
1/2 c old fashioned oats
2T natural peanut butter
1-2 T natural strawberry preserves

Cook oats in the microwave for about 45 seconds with appropriate amount of water. stir in peanut butter. microwave for 20 more seconds. stir in strawberry preserves. enjoy!

PB & J Salad

Ingredients:
4 oz. non-fat vanilla yogurt
2T natural creamy peanut butter
1/2 sliced banana
a handful of red grapes
sprinkle of cinnamon

combine yogurt and pb until creamy and uniform. sprinkle cinnamon on mixture. stir in grapes and banana or keep them separate and use the pb mixture as a dip for the fruit.

Replies

• deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    My husband makes an AWESOME PB&J chicken...

uhm...

yeah....

I don't have the recipe.

Sorry.
  • Madre2
    Madre2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I LOVE PB so much that I can eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon. Actually, it's a "trigger" food for me (it took me years to accept that fact) and I've had to stop buying it because I just can't resist it. It's so good, but so full of fat and sugar. And the mainstream brands are filled with transfats (the worst kind) so they can have a long shelf life. If you simply cannot live with out PB, I'd recommend the organic kind. Once you mix it up and store it in the fridge, it isn't bad. In fact, once you've become accustomed to it, it actually tastes better than the commercial brands. I miss my love affair with PB ...
  • midgie
    Options
    Why not try Almond butter it is very good and good for you:O):wink:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

uhm...

yeah....

I don't have the recipe.

Sorry.
    T...E...A...S...E!
  • bhonniered
    Options
    Mine is simple - a frozen waffle with peanut butter on it. One of my favorite morning snacks :tongue:
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Mine is simple - a frozen waffle with peanut butter on it. One of my favorite morning snacks :tongue:

Please say you toast it.
  • deshaine
    Options

uhm...

yeah....

I don't have the recipe.

Sorry.
    T...E...A...S...E!

That's my middle name... lol!!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    With all those little dots in it? O.o. Odd.
  • mhoward1982
    mhoward1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mix together equal parts peanut butter and cool whip, and dip the fruit of your choice in it. Or, if you're feeling like you deserve a really big treat, cut a low calorie tortilla into triangles, spray some low (or no) calorie butter spray on the pieces, sprinkle cinnamon and splenda on the pieces, and bake until crispy. Homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips!! They go very well with the pb/cw dip.
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    My brother makes grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, just like you would make grilled cheese. So good and so bad!
  • randilea
    randilea Posts: 140
    Options
    bump
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options

Please say you toast it.

Two Eggo waffles w/peanut butter & grape jelly sandwiched between them. Ooohh....i just felt my heart slow down!
  • kvr414
    kvr414 Posts: 111
    Options
    i blend some flax seeds into my peanut butter to add a little extra fiber. pbandj are SO GOOD!!
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    You think peanut butter is addictive just try almond or better yet cashew butter now that ones addictive. I buy a little cashew butter at a time (cause I can't be trusted with an entire jar) at a bulk store and their are no additives or preservatives.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i've tried all types of nut butter. almond butter, cashew butter, and 'sunflower' butter made with sunflower seeds. all taste great, but in my opinion they are all good for mixing with certain fruits than others.
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    bump and yum!!
  • bhonniered
    Options

Please say you toast it.

LOL oh yea I toast it - yummy just had it - gonna go to the wheat waffles - better for me? :happy:
  • bhonniered
    Options

Please say you toast it.

Two Eggo waffles w/peanut butter & grape jelly sandwiched between them. Ooohh....i just felt my heart slow down!

That is what I used to do, but in the interest of my health I brough it down to one Eggo and less than a tablespoon of peanut butter. Still delish!
  • deshaine
    Options
    With all those little dots in it? O.o. Odd.

Yep.. it's so hard to explain to people

"It's T period period period E period period period..."

::sigh:: so annoying...
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I eat one every night!!! The healthiest PBJ you can make!!!