Guarcinia Cambogia

Options
Has anyone tried this? I have taken it and noticed that I have slept better and my sweet cravings are less. In the past month is have been ill and stopped taking it because I was on antibiotics and didn't know how it would effect me. Well, I have noticed that my sweet cravings are coming back. Yesterday was the first day taking it again. Should I expect the same results from the first time taking it?

Replies

• CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this? I have taken it and noticed that I have slept better and my sweet cravings are less. In the past month is have been ill and stopped taking it because I was on antibiotics and didn't know how it would effect me. Well, I have noticed that my sweet cravings are coming back. Yesterday was the first day taking it again. Should I expect the same results from the first time taking it?

My sister took it, had not side effects, lost 4 lbs in a week, and then gained it back the next week. She stopped taking it.
    I took it for a week - iit made me VERY VERY thirsty constantly - it was insatiable thirst. And gave me a VERY bad headache. I stopped taking it, it took 3 days for the headache to go away after I stopped taking it. I saw no weight loss at all.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    May or may not work as well as sugar pill.

There is no magic pill.

Eat fewer calories than you burn.

Exercise makes it easier, but you can't exercise away a bad diet. You should be doing both.
  • TXSweety09
    Options
    I was taking them for about 3 months... no side effects. I can't say it really helped with my weight loss but it did give me a lot of energy! I have stopped them for now as I have submitted an application for a weight loss contest and one of the rules is no dietary supplements are allowed. If I am not selected I am not sure if I will start back on them again. They were a tad expensive for our tight budget.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    the advertise machines are out in full force today I see..
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You may want to check the ingredients before taking your supplement. A common additive in diet pills is caffeine, and if you can't have caffeine you certainly don't want to be taking it via pill. I have taken weight loss supplements and I did notice they suppressed my appetite, but they do not suppress actual hunger, and they exacerbated the intense anxiety I get around finals time (caffeine does that to me).
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You may want to check the ingredients before taking your supplement. A common additive in diet pills is caffeine, and if you can't have caffeine you certainly don't want to be taking it via pill. I have taken weight loss supplements and I did notice they suppressed my appetite, but they do not suppress actual hunger, and they exacerbated the intense anxiety I get around finals time (caffeine does that to me).

No that I support GC, but you can get it pure 100% GC, no additives or fillers, just the extract.
  • TXSweety09
    Options
    Yes you can get them at GNC, that is what I was taking. They are about $45-$50 a bottle for a thirty day supply. It is recommended to get the 100% pure extract. There are a lot out there that advertise as Garcina Cambogia but have all kinds of additives in them. Read labels carefully :)
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I would say as long as you are not suffering any ill effects, it's worth it to take if your cravings for sweets seems to be less. I feel it lessens my appetite, but I also agree that there is no magic pill. You'd be fine with good nutrition and exercise - mostly weight lifting to build muscle.