So frustrating!

Options
It's so frustrating that you have a good week of losing weight and inches, then all of a sudden you hit a plateau! I've lost 56 pounds so far and have 19 left to go. It's come off at a slow rate and im ok with that as it has a better chance of staying off, but its just super frustrating when you hit that plateau.

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same boat as you. The last couple of 10 pounds is getting pretty brutal. You just gotta push through it and break that plateau.
  • joannadalina
    joannadalina Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Plateau for 3 weeks. I haven't gained so I am happy about that, but I am ready to be a loser again. Hang in there :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A plateau is generally defined as 6+ weeks without a loss. Stalls are a normal part of weight loss and a week or three without a loss is, unfortunately, to be expected. You can do everything right and not see a drop on the scale for a couple of weeks. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's been over a month without a loss, myself.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I stall every single time I'm about to hit a goal or milestone. I think it's my body's way of messing with my mind.
  • jopeterson42
    Options
    You guys can do it! sometimes all you need is a little extra push or motivation!! if you want you can join my biggest loser challenge group on FB..its for the next 30 days. WE just started this week and its really fun to have help to push you through that plateau! Friend me if you're interested!
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    yep, i'm right there with you. the first 20-25lbs for me literally melted off. the whole time i was thinking "this is way too easy, there must be a catch"... since the beginning of November the scale has been *****footing (yes, i used that word) around with this 6-7lb range. one day, i'll break a new low number, then 1 big dinner and lazy day later i'll be where i was 4 weeks ago.

in the beginning i weighed pretty much daily, sometimes twice a day just to get an idea of my natural fluctuations, which was typically 2-3lbs, nothing out of the ordinary. but i've been bouncing around this 6-7lb window lately and i can really FEEL it when i'm holding onto water/food/glycogen weight, much more than i could before. it's a really gross feeling, but i just try to keep in mind how far i've come and that i knew from the beginning it was bound to slow down eventually. as long as i keep trucking along, things will get moving again, if a little slower than before.

slow progress is better than no progress.
  • rachaelbarton
    rachaelbarton Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    While you're waiting for that weight to come off, you can build your brutal bod. Haha I'm on the last 5 pounds and it's sooo annoying :)
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! Losing 4.25" all around in a week is good too! So i'll be happy with that. It's just nice to see the scale move with it!