5'5 down almost 40lbs!

Options
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to post my before and progress pictures!.. I wouldn't have been able to even start if it wasn't for so many of your inspirational stories! So here is a little about me. In 2010 My oldest daughter passed away from complications of a heart defect at age 4. I turned to food in order to cope with the loss.. I then found out only 2 weeks later that I was pregnant again!... I never really realized how much weight I had kept on after that pregnancy until I saw pictures of myself at my sisters College graduation in June 2013. Seeing those pictures was definitely my "ah ha" moment. I decided I no longer wanted to look like that and feel that unhappy!.. So I decided to kick start a diet and fitness plan to shed some weight..Finding what worked for me was the hardest struggle.. so many people tell you "this is the only way, or the right way" to do it.. I found that changing your lifestyle isn't a "one size fits all" thing.. its a "find what works for YOU" type of thing. So once I figured that out I was able to shed 36lbs in 4 months!.. I fell in love with running.. I always say it literally SAVED my life.. So while I still have 30 ish more pounds to go I just wanted to share some progress pics! (hopefully im doing it right!)

before:

image.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Now!

c43959b9-1a85-4a47-93ae-51a00b36e99f.jpg
38f7e653-b398-459a-a431-6ccb87b7ba31.jpg
fb569c24-6cba-41fd-bff9-111e2d3f6bea.jpg

Replies

• loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I just wanted to post my before and progress pictures!.. I wouldn't have been able to even start if it wasn't for so many of your inspirational stories! So here is a little about me. In 2010 My oldest daughter passed away from complications of a heart defect at age 4. I turned to food in order to cope with the loss.. I then found out only 2 weeks later that I was pregnant again!... I never really realized how much weight I had kept on after that pregnancy until I saw pictures of myself at my sisters College graduation in June 2013. Seeing those pictures was definitely my "ah ha" moment. I decided I no longer wanted to look like that and feel that unhappy!.. So I decided to kick start a diet and fitness plan to shed some weight..Finding what worked for me was the hardest struggle.. so many people tell you "this is the only way, or the right way" to do it.. I found that changing your lifestyle isn't a "one size fits all" thing.. its a "find what works for YOU" type of thing. So once I figured that out I was able to shed 36lbs in 4 months!.. I fell in love with running.. I always say it literally SAVED my life.. So while I still have 30 ish more pounds to go I just wanted to share some progress pics! (hopefully im doing it right!)

before:

image.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Now!

c43959b9-1a85-4a47-93ae-51a00b36e99f.jpg
    fb569c24-6cba-41fd-bff9-111e2d3f6bea.jpg

You look fantastic
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

You are brave. You are wonderful, you are amazing. Great courage and consistency shows. Keep up the great work!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Congratulations, Lynnie! You look great!
    It must be so satisfying to see those changes in the mirror!

Best wishes!
  • WendyLynn1406
    WendyLynn1406 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much... It's definitely been a hard emotional road but I feel better for it every day!
  • WendyLynn1406
    Options
    It definitely is!! Thank you!
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!!:happy:
  • meandmylads
    meandmylads Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You've made fantastic progress and look great! I completely agree that you must figure out what works for you - I could never stick with something imposed on me by someone else.

Congrats and take care :)
  • WendyLynn1406
    Options
    You've made fantastic progress and look great! I completely agree that you must figure out what works for you - I could never stick with something imposed on me by someone else.

Congrats and take care :)

Thank you very much! I think that was my biggest struggle.. was everyone telling me how I should do it.. I think in the first month I was more confused then anything!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    It definitely takes some time to figure out what works best for you, but you have done great so far! You look fantastic, and I'm very happy you've made a comeback so to speak, from what I imagine must've been a devastating time. Sorry for your loss and congrats sooo much on the progress you have made, mentally and physically!
  • wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look wonderful. Im sorry for your loss and happy you found what works best for your body.
  • WendyLynn1406
    Options
    It definitely takes some time to figure out what works best for you, but you have done great so far! You look fantastic, and I'm very happy you've made a comeback so to speak, from what I imagine must've been a devastating time. Sorry for your loss and congrats sooo much on the progress you have made, mentally and physically!

Thank you! Reading this is heartwarming. It was absolutely the hardest thing I think anyone can go through in life. To lose their child.. especially since she was our first and it was very unexpected. Through out my journey I have also learned that everything happens for a reason.. and sometimes we may not know what that reason is but eventually we figure it out! Thank you gor youtr kind words!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Gone girl!!!! ...Definitely sorry for you loss...You look magnificent and glad that you have changed your lifestyle..Understand the new love...I am a treadmill junkie now...bahaha Have a good weekend!
  • WendyLynn1406
    Options
    Gone girl!!!! ...Definitely sorry for you loss...You look magnificent and glad that you have changed your lifestyle..Understand the new love...I am a treadmill junkie now...bahaha Have a good weekend!

Thank you! I always say its better in your lifestyle changed to become a little obsessed ;)
  • cheekymcgee
    Options
    Fantastic job!! Very inspiring!
  • hf91
    hf91 Posts: 23
    Options
    I hope you know how amazing you are! I can't imagine the hurt your heart has felt but you have bounced back to do something wonderful. Keep up the work, you look great!
  • SlytherinBat
    SlytherinBat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! You have done an amazing job and I am happy that you found what works for you. I cannot imagine the loss of a child and I am so sorry for your loss
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    You have emerged from your loss as a healthier person. Definitely something to celebrate. You look younger too!
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress!!! What size are you down to?
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! you look great hun xx be very proud :smile:

All that hard work is worth it x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!