I eat when I am bored...I am bored a lot.

Options
I am new to this. I like being held accountable for what I eat. Now I see that I eat too much. I eat mostly at meals, and then I like to eat more when I am bored. I guess I am bored too much.

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    hobby
  • msemejuru
    Options
    Try doing sit ups or push ups when you are bored. Or keep healthier snacks on hand like popcorn, grapes or chopped vegetables with ranch.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    come here when you are bored :) and get a hobby! something that requires you working w/ your hands (crafting) so you don't have free hands to eat.
  • iDreamNEON
    Options
    I Have the same problem!! I wish I could find a hobby I like but I haven't had any success yet soooo when I feel the urge to eat I drink water, do some type of simple exercise, or my favorite: Turn on music and dance around my dorm like a mad woman LOL.
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    i too suffer from boredom eating. I have looked at my daily routine and made some adjustments, cause a lot of mine is around the same times each day. if possible dont keep junk food in the house. if you dont have a choice due to other houehold members, keep it out of site. somewhere where your not going to see it to get a healthy snack also. stock up on healthy snacks. i use to get the snack baggies and portion out single servings; this prevents you from eating more than you attended to. just pick u out serval low calorie snacks and eat them when your bored.
  • kashikyra
    Options
    Having healthy snacks are key. Also protein/ high fiber meal combos help to keep you fuller longer than high sugar meals.
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oh man, story of my life! =) I totally understand you here!

I don't have emotional eating problems at all. Just boredom! I've found chewing gum to be a real help in boredom situations. Strawberries are apparently negative calories. =) Maybe stock up on them. If you're in the States, they're likely not that accessible now. Here in NZ, they're all out!
  • swaby
    swaby Posts: 51
    Options
    I am alot like that . So you are not alone.