How Long Did It Take You??? RE: Reduce Body Fat

Options
Hello, just wondering to see how long it took other people to reduce body fat that were already in a healthy body weight range? Me for instance. Im currently 150lbs and im 5'9". I have lost 25lbs since leaving the hospital with my newborn son in January 2012. Most of the weight came off during the first 9 months post partum (20lbs) and the other 5lbs just recently. I have been consistently doing Strong Lifts for the past 8 weeks and am I getting stronger and limbs are becoming more defined but I don't believe that there is any change in body fat yet. Of course 8 weeks isn't that long either so i know it's a while before i reach goal. I think I should have it with another good solid 8 weeks of consistant StrongLifts and real tight on the nutrition part....exept for this weekends staff party and xmas....lol

So if your goal is/was to reduce body fat and your stats are close to mine - how long did it take you to reach goal. Goal being say 18-19% body fat. Down from about 22% body fat. It would be nice to know how quickly and safely you can reduce body fat.

Thanks

Replies

• cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    bump, i would like to see an answer for this as i feel like im in the same boat
  • carolinehowells
    carolinehowells Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    BF is really gonna be determined by caloric deficit.
    The more your body has to go to the fat stores for energy, the quicker it will drop.

So if you are working out and lifting.....you are building/developing muscle.....which is a good thing.
    But if you are eating enough to meet your daily caloric needs, then your body will never touch the BF.
    It doesn't need too....it is getting all the energy it needs from the food you are eating.

Now to the OP (who has since deactivated her account??)......
    You say you are becoming "more defined".....well we become more defined by losing BF.
    So if you are seeing a change, then you are most likely losing BF.

Your best option would have been/would be to take pictures and measurements.....then you would be able to track things, and see which way you are going.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    one other thing of note.....the lower you get on BF.
    The harder it becomes to burn it...

So for a woman, trying to get to ~18%, that is fairly low for a woman.....
    Prolly equivalent to where a male would be 10 - 12%
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    as said above as you reduce it will come off slower..I am in the 12% range and have been fighting hard to get to 10% but fat really wants to cling to you at this point...it is just your bodys natural response...

In the high 20's it should come off steadily but once you get to low 20's it will be a battle...
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    BF is really gonna be determined by caloric deficit.
    The more your body has to go to the fat stores for energy, the quicker it will drop.

So if you are working out and lifting.....you are building/developing muscle.....which is a good thing.
    But if you are eating enough to meet your daily caloric needs, then your body will never touch the BF.
    It doesn't need too....it is getting all the energy it needs from the food you are eating.

Now to the OP (who has since deactivated her account??)......
    You say you are becoming "more defined".....well we become more defined by losing BF.
    So if you are seeing a change, then you are most likely losing BF.

Your best option would have been/would be to take pictures and measurements.....then you would be able to track things, and see which way you are going.

Thank you for this....After 3 yrs I am still learning...when I weight less I looked different now I weigh more and smaller....Definitely want to work on lowering my BF% so I can see more definition..
  • MityMax96
    Options

Thank you for this....After 3 yrs I am still learning...when I weight less I looked different now I weigh more and smaller....Definitely want to work on lowering my BF% so I can see more definition..

Welcome
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I lost 6% body fat in 2 1/2 months...combination of personal trainer...swim,weights,cardio 4-6 days a week for 90min a day
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!