Looking for supportive/talkative/daily loggers !

Options
Hey Everyone !

I started my official life change on May 27th of this year... I am not going to say I started my "diet" on that day, because I am not dieting, I am making healthy conscious decisions to better my life !

I am 27 years old and have no idea how I just continued to gain and gain and gain ... no wait I know ... its called junk food and no exercise haha, I love candy and chips and I use to hate doing anything active... well now I work out and I still have junk if I REALLY want it, just in moderation! I am not using any kind of fads such as shakes or pills. Just trying my hardest to eating clean and working out... and yes I cheat every once in a while lol

I have had lots of friends come and go while being on MFP but that is because I am kind of strict with the friends I have on my list. I like to communicate with all my friends on my list whether that is messaging them on the profiles, checking in on their food diaries, commenting on their status's and workouts and I expect communication in return. I find having a good group of people to lean on while on this journey is key. With that being said I usually go through my friends list a few times a month and if people just disappear for a few weeks without any kind of status saying why they are going MIA I tend to delete them as I want people who are fully committed to this.

I am looking for people who love this site who are on it often, have their profiles open, talk to others and communicate about their days/workouts/food etc. not just a friend who is on here but doesn't really socialize if that makes sense haha. I know this may sound harsh to say, but if you are currently getting over some sort of eating disorder please do not add me. I wish nothing but the best for you, but I would prefer people who are on the same kind of path as me (loosing weight, not trying to gain). Also, I am not a big fan of using pills or magic shakes and meal replacements .... so if you do, I wish you luck on your journey, but we just aren't meant to be friends haha. I am trying to do this the natural 'weigh'(haha) by just eating cleaner and working my *kitten* off.

I write on my blog every few weeks with my measurements/weight/pictures/challenges and updates and love reading and writing on the community boards :)

So far I have lost 36 pounds on my life change with working out at least 3 times a week and I completely changed my eating habits with the support of my awesome fiancé whom I am marrying next September ( woot woot hehe)

I joined this site to help me with my new life style to achieve a few simple things such as:
- wanting to shop in ANY STORE no matter what the size
- I want to feel 100% comfortable in my own skin
- I want to feel beautiful and believe it when someone tells me it
- My hubby and I are planning t start a family as soon as the wedding is done and I do not want my weight to effect that at all
- I want to prove to myself that I can do this and I can get my body back to where I felt happy and content with it

I started this journey at 268lbs and 5"10
I am now 232lbs and a end goal of 170ish.

I have a long way to go so I am here for the long run haha and would love to have a few more buddies on my list who are active on here and not just here for a few days or weeks :P

Feel free to add me !! Please note, if you want to add me, when you click add, tell me a bit about yourself :)

Laura !

Replies

• jdctrumpet
    jdctrumpet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I recently joined (about a month ago) and have been looking for the same thing. I'm 26, way overweight, and have been basically obsessed with this site/logging since I joined. I was even able to convince my girlfriend to start logging with me. I have been becoming more active in the forums and groups as I get more comfortable with the fact that I am actually doing this and I agree that having a good motivational support system can really help, so feel free to add me.
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    Great goals! You're already well on your way. I'm trying my damnedest to stay on this thing. I am at day 26! :D Friend request sent!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Amazing weight loss thus far!! I am the same way. I log daily, my diary is open, I devote a good 15-25min every day to support my friends. I periodically delete the ones I've never heard of or who have stopped logging. I've also had to delete a few who clearly have an eating disorder. If you are eating 700 calories a day, do not send me a friend request. I will bite your head off & unfriend you. :)

I've been on here since July 2013 & have logged religiously ever since & have lost 36lbs. I really have no end goal on weight loss. I guess I'll stop whenever I fit into a size 5 US (I'm 5'1'' so anything bigger is always waaaaay too long).

So anyone feel free to send me a Friend Request!
  • MonsonD60
    MonsonD60 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I log on many times a day to check how friends are doing my site is open to friends....Would love to join you on your journey
  • wvtracyann
    wvtracyann Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I log everyday and try to be as active on here as possible plus try to encourge all of my friends feel free to add me
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    <===
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I am here just to log my exercise and I am in a daily workout group for office workers.
    Your post caught my eye because my bday is may 27th.
  • beckyzalldat
    beckyzalldat Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    <<< add me....I never shut-up :)))) good luck everyone!!!
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    sure add me mail me message me, I respond to it all :)
  • cici13095
    Options
    Add me!! I've been looking for somebody to actually talk to about things!! I'm on all the time!!
  • batesmama
    batesmama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Love support on this journey! Feel free to add me :)
  • sjlawgirl
    sjlawgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm Heather. Just joined Tuesday and thus...am in the early days. I'm on here daily and use the App all day long. Feel free to add me! I am COMMITTED to doing this and letting my inner skinny back out! Looking for friends to help along the way! :)
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me! Friend Request coming your way!
  • lizak953
    lizak953 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love having supportive friends, feel free to add me :)
  • tegalicious
    Options
    I could have written this post.... Except I am 29 years old and after losing 40 pounds I am finally at goal weight. I am still logging in daily and supporting my friends. I am also still at a deficit cause well today is my birthday and tomorrow's diary is my birthday feast :D. I will send a friend request and anyone else can add me if they would like!
  • AZGilleyM
    AZGilleyM Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love it! Please add me!:happy:
  • pakelly17
    Options
    You are making great progress and my wife and I trying to start a family and keep ourselves in shape to make the process easier add me if you would like, I need some support as well will give some support!
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have been on MFP since September. I used MFP like Facebook lol. I log everyday, write my friends if they haven't been on in a while (it may be annoying but don't add me then, I am holding you accountable and vice versa), I am in a challenge and post some topics, I have Kik for some of my friends, and reply and write messages often.

I really enjoy this site ... add me if you like!

50540473.png
  • ShelleyTurgeon
    ShelleyTurgeon Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Looking for the same thing as you, add me! My log is open all day everyday!
  • kathrynj40
    Options
    Hi, I joined today. I am fed up as my clothes don't fit and I can't stop eating junk........Please Help!!