Snapchat...Is this okay? What do you think?

Options

Replies

• Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If he's lying about things to you like some of the other people here are suggesting, then I would worry, but in my experience with my friends and boyfriend, Snapchats are generally not flirty. But then, everyone has different uses for it I guess.
  • cdmath
    Options
    Snapchat photos do not really delete; they just disappear. There is a way (I'm not sure exactly how) that they can be retrieved. I'm a teacher and we just had that lesson for our high school students.

http://www.theguardian.com/media-network/partner-zone-infosecurity/snapchat-photos-not-deleted-hidden

Here's an article about it that's pretty interesting. If he is cheating (and I think that he is), then you could find out for sure.
  • iLOVEbabySARA13
    Options
    If I caught my husband in a lie like that, on TOP of being sneaky in the first place, I'd beat his a**.
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    snapchat is available on android phones too. I would be really suspicious of him. If you get a chance, get his phone and snap chat that girl saying hey I am bored. See how she responds.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    It is hard to say but from the way you are telling the story it is not in his favor. I use snap chat for innocent usage. It can be entertaining and something different.

My snapchat name is danny_boy79 if anyone wants to hit me up.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Nope nope nope I would NOT be okay with that. What is the point of Snapchat?? I'll tell you: to be able to send pictures that disappear after a few seconds (although I've heard you can screen-shot them, so they really aren't totally private). If he wanted to send normal pics, he could do it through text. I recently had a MARRIED guy friend ask me over and over to get Snapchat to use with him (he's kind of pervy) and he couldn't give me a good reason why he couldn't just send me photos via text if he wanted to.

Yuck.

Yeah, kind of how I feel.

Technology is just deteriorating actual social contact and communication and allowing sh*tty things like this to happen.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Or would you even?

No, at 46 I don't see the point in it. :laugh:

As for your guy...confirmed liar. I guess the cards are in your hands now as to what to do about it...
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure Snatch Chat out!

this makes much more sense now.

I love you.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Nope nope nope I would NOT be okay with that. What is the point of Snapchat?? I'll tell you: to be able to send pictures that disappear after a few seconds (although I've heard you can screen-shot them, so they really aren't totally private). If he wanted to send normal pics, he could do it through text. I recently had a MARRIED guy friend ask me over and over to get Snapchat to use with him (he's kind of pervy) and he couldn't give me a good reason why he couldn't just send me photos via text if he wanted to.

Yuck.

You can download an app that intercepts the pictures before they are opened. This will permanently save them without the other person knowing. If you 'screenshot' them, it sends a message to the other person saying it was saved.
    Snapchat photos do not really delete; they just disappear. There is a way (I'm not sure exactly how) that they can be retrieved. I'm a teacher and we just had that lesson for our high school students.

http://www.theguardian.com/media-network/partner-zone-infosecurity/snapchat-photos-not-deleted-hidden

Here's an article about it that's pretty interesting. If he is cheating (and I think that he is), then you could find out for sure.

This was never really true. They are hidden on your phone...UNTIL they are open, at which point they are completely deleted. The method of hiding them is really simple...they just add an extension your phone won't recognize. If you plug your phone into a PC (before opening the pictures in Snapchat), you can download the files with the appended extension, change it back to .jpg, and you now have permanent copies of any pictures.

And before any of you comment on my extensive knowledge of Snapchat...I have a 16yr old daughter. It pays to keep up on this crap.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Sounds fishy to me. :huh:
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Sounds fishy to me. :huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So, those of you who don't know what this is, it's an app on iPhone for you to send photos to friends that are only visible for a few seconds. There's a "best friend" feature, who shows up when you have exchanged more photos with that person than any others on your contact list that week.

Now, my boyfriend has it. He works in the oilfield so he travels a lot. When I got my iPhone, I got Snapchat, added him and saw that his "best friend" that week was this Sarah chick who is apparently a front desk girl at a hotel they often stay at for work. They've texted before, which I've told him I'm not comfortable with. Supposedly, she has a boyfriend. They're also friends on Facebook.. When I pointed out the Snapchat thing, he said only really gets things from a guy friend.

What kind of photos do you non-single guys exchange with non-single girls? Or would you even?

Do I seem like a crazed jealous person?

Short answer: YES
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Turns out, they aren't actually deleted from the phone, just hidden.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2322661/Gone-forgotten-Deleted-Snapchat-photos-stored-phone-easily-downloaded-claims-forensics-firm.html
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options

Yuck.

You can download an app that intercepts the pictures before they are opened. This will permanently save them without the other person knowing. If you 'screenshot' them, it sends a message to the other person saying it was saved.

This was never really true. They are hidden on your phone...UNTIL they are open, at which point they are completely deleted. The method of hiding them is really simple...they just add an extension your phone won't recognize. If you plug your phone into a PC (before opening the pictures in Snapchat), you can download the files with the appended extension, change it back to .jpg, and you now have permanent copies of any pictures.

And before any of you comment on my extensive knowledge of Snapchat...I have a 16yr old daughter. It pays to keep up on this crap.

I may have been proved wrong. Yay to you, Dad!! :drinker:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

this makes much more sense now.

I love you.

hB3439FB5
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I have never used snapchat. That being said, they are swapping sausage and taco pics.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    I dunno. Maybe he thinks of her like a guy friend and they snapchat pics of their poop together. You know, like guys do.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    it could be completely possible that they're just exchanging platonic snap chats.... IF he hadn't lied right to your face when he said he only gets them from guy friends.
    sometimes guys think the things they're saying to girls come off as friendly, but the girl thinks its meant in a deeper way, and vice versa.
    I wouldnt take chances. tell him you can see who his top friend is and it makes you uncomfortable and ask him to be completely honest with you.
    my boyfriend once had this girl "friend" he used to work with that popped back into his life one day unannounced when we were at the 5-year mark.. she had a boyfriend, suggested we all double date, etc.. they texted occasionally and was his bank teller on occasion. then the texts got more frequent and personal and before long he was ready to leave me for her, and she wanted to leave her bf for him. We worked through it, fortunately. it was hard but worth it in the end. I hope things truly are platonic with your guy and that girl, but if not, i hope its fixable. best of luck!
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    snapchat is available on android phones too. I would be really suspicious of him. If you get a chance, get his phone and snap chat that girl saying hey I am bored. See how she responds.

great idea. or the looking up the photos that arent really deleted. theres your answer
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I use snapchat and there has never been anything other than g rated stuff on it. Not every one uses it for junk pics.