This girl needs love and encouragement

Options
I've been on MFP multiple times and always do it for a few days and leave. Since I left the last time I had gained 26 lbs in the last almost year, around thanksgiving.. I started on this site May of 09 after having a surgery for an ectopic pregnancy. The same thing has brought me back here again. I'm almost fully recovered from my second ectopic pregnancy at the age of 22. The healing process has been really hard this time around. Before my surgery I had reached a horrible weight of 262 lbs, that's bad for me. Highest i've ever been in my entire life! Since my surgery on October 19th, I have managed to lose down to 249 lbs. Most of this weight loss was from loss of appetite after surgery, but now that i'm able to start moving around again, i'm more motivated now than ever to lose this weight! My offical goal is to be at least, 180 lbs. No timeline yet, I know that the lbs should fall right off if i work at it at first- but when I hit that bump where I work hard and lose 3 lbs in a week, is when i need the most encouragment. I want to make friends on here that are health conscious, I live with my boyfriend and a roommate, netiher of which worry about their weight- so it's hard to stay on a diet when you have 2 people bringing home fast food at 3 am... I dont wanna sound like a loser but i want someone that will share my happiness in my success with me. This has been the hardest time of my life so getting the motivation to get healthy is hard enough, learning to not eat past 7 pm is EXTREMELY hard, and i'mm starting my exercises after this post, of course they are limited until i fully heal- but im working at this, please i would love to have friends that are anxious to work at this with me. This is a matter of being able to conceive again for me, and with a healthy weight I think my chances of having a 3rd ectopic pregnancy would drop drastically.

Replies

• heymommy0
    Options
    If you would like to add me as a friend that woud be great, I had surgery about 2 months ago and am now able to work out I have only been trying for about 2 weeks. My husband sounds the same as or boyfriend he is not really worried to much about his weight (even though he should) but this website and everyone I have added is so supportive and it helps a ton.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! You CAN do this! There is soo much motivation and support here! I have started last year, lost about 30 pounds and gained that back plus a few more..I just started over last week and feel soo good! I refuse to give up and you won't either!!!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I had one of those in my early 20s too. It's a tough place and emotional recovery can be hard. I wish you the best possible with that.

I'm happy to be around, but be warned I can be pushy! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I was fortunate in that I never went through a tubal pregnancy but do know how hard it is to diet in a house with people who don't need to diet or just aren't.
    This site has helped me tremendously and recommend it to anybody who is dieting and needs the support.
    We'll help you get back on track and be all the support you need:)
  • SashaSpells
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles with your previous two pregnancies. My sister-in-law had an ectopic pregnancy & her tube burst & it was a horrible ordeal..... you have my deepest sympathies. Definately willing to send love & encouragement your way =)

You'll do great! Let's get this party started =)

I'm planning on starting a "no treats til Turkey day" thread for the three weeks between now & that Thursday, so I can indulge with my family a bit on Thanksgiving, without the guilt. Should totally jump on, after three weeks it becomes habit =)

Best of luck!!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Welp, today is day one. Start from there. Lose weight, gain success and you will soon forget about the past.
  • tigerrohr1969
    Options
    I am some what new also...you may add me to your friend list if you want
  • turbojanem
    Options
    i'm here cheering you on!!!

and fyi...i have successfully gotten to within 10/12 pounds of my goal weight (still working on it, but down over 55 pounds) and i don't go by the rule of not eating after 7. when you don't eat, your body starts to go into hibernation. hibernation for the body means not losing weight. when your body roller coasters in a 24 hours cycle, you confuse your body/metabolism. you NEED to eat to lose. often, about 200 calories each time. here is a great link that you may find helpful:
    http://turbokick.com/blog/2009/01/im-dieting-but-i-cant-lose-weight-fast.html

send me a friend request, i'm here for you and cheering you on!
    Jane
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    Hi, I'd love to encourage you. It's a great step to reach out and write this post.
    I agree with turbojanem about the after 7 "rule". You don't want to go to bed full but everyone has different bed times.
    200-300 calories every 2-3 hours has helped me.