Too tired to want to put mental energy into dinner...

Options
So I've had kind of a tiring day. I'm a college student EMT. Went to sleep around 12:30, got awakened around 3 AM for a call which involved helping to carry a ~180 pound guy down three flights of stairs, went back to sleep around 5AM, got up at 9AM. Had breakfast and lunch and am currently left with about 550 cal for dinner.

Physically, I don't feel hungry, but my brain is fogging up and my mood is slowly sliding down in the way that it does when I haven't eaten--my older sister once referred to me as an "emotional diabetic." But I don't feel like I have the mental energy to put into figuring out what to eat for dinner that will both keep me full for the rest of the evening.

I guess I'm asking for advice? I don't really have much food at home that fits the bill of the above.

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Breakfast again. Oatmeal is quick and easy and if you have a little energy throw an egg an splash of soy sauce on top.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eggs. When I just don't care I eat eggs. With 500 calories you can have a side of bacon even!

I've also done oatmeal as Lizzy suggested. Throw in some fruit and nuts and you're hitting 500 easily.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Eggs and toast with butter. You have your protein, carbs and fats. If you have some veggies you can sautee them first and either make an omelet or just scramble the eggs in. Cheese if you want.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, brown rice, veggies....some soy sauce and voila!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    sandwiches are my go-to if I don't want to cook
  • D8vidFitness
    Options
    Who said you need to eat?

drink it! make a smoothy! if you don't have a blender, get one, it helped me and still has in my college life!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Who said you need to eat?

drink it! make a smoothy! if you don't have a blender, get one, it helped me and still has in my college life!

Doesn't really help her tonight, if she doesn't have a blender ;)