Last cigarette....

Options
So I finished my pouch of tobacco and decided not to buy another. Was planning on quitting next week when I turn 30 but no time like the present right? Going cold turkey (again) hopefully I'll quit for longer than a year this time!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    both hubs and I quit,, I can have some socially, but he cannot at all
    I sure feel like one now.
    or a cigar.
    I miss it
    it never goes away.
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You got it in the bag! My dad did the same 15 years ago and hasn't touch anything since. It is doable and you can get it done! Good luck.
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) I've quit before for a year before I went back to it. I'm such a heavy smoker though I can't run at all anymore lol
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I quit 7 years ago on my sons 1st birthday. You can do it. TBH they repulse me now, just the smell sometimes will make my stomach roll.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Probably the best decision you will ever make. Not only that .. smoking is just gross.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I recommend stocking up on hard candies, mints and gum (sugar free, if you prefer) to combat cravings, I hear those can be a real b*tch. Cold turkey and everything, wow what a bad@ss! :glasses:
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    I'll update and let you know how tomorrow goes lol. I've got a legs session tomorrow with my PT so I'll use the vile mood I'll no doing be in to lift heavier :)
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It's been just over 2 years since I quit, after being a heavy smoker for 20. Sometimes I'll have a slight craving for the act of smoking or the effect of the nicotine, but the slightest smell of smoke absolutely repulses me. Best thing I have ever done! I used to get winded walking up one flight of stairs, and now I'm a long distance cyclist. You just have to really want to quite, not just think you should. And the patch! I will always swear by the patch and how it helped me quit.
  • kjimmie4848
    kjimmie4848 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking on 9/15 this year. I got an app called Quit Now! and it helped tremendously. It also says I have saved $268.00 which is a great inspiration to keep going. Good luck!
  • beltinches
    beltinches Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I my last cigarette in January of this year. I have my moments where I really want one but NOT going back now. If you really want to kick the habit I'm sure you'll do it too :)

Good luck!

:)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about the Dramarama song. Great job, OP!!! I hope you stick with it. :flowerforyou:
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    Thank you all for all the support :D determined to crack this :)
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My husband successfully quit after multiple failed attempts. It's been almost 11 years now. What finally got him to be successful was the realization that the desire to have a cigarette wasn't ever going to go away and he would just have to learn to deal with it. It lessened and almost disappeared, but it rears its head from time to time. Before, when that happened, he said 'omg if this never going to stop?!" and went ahead and had a cigarette in defeat. So...just remember that desire may stick around but your willpower can kick it back to the stoop.

You've got this!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I tried to quit a couple of times, and even though I quit when I got pregnant with my son, I still wanted them later, when I would occasionally go out with friends. I quit again when I got pregnant with my daughter, and I never craved one again. Now when I'm around smokers, it makes me glad I'm a non-smoker. The smell is gross, and there are too many health risks. There are better things to spend your money on, like ice cream! :wink:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Nice one. :)

If you waver and need back up reasons for why you quit then I can recommend the Allan Carr Easy Way book.

That did it for me after 20 odd years puffing away, don't crave them at all now.

Well, OK, very occasionally, but that's nicotine for ya ...
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    Day 1 almost up and tbh hasn't really been that bad apart from I'm missing the physical act of it. Switched to coffee today as cups of tea trigger a craving, the hardest part has been first waking and after eating
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    How's it going today?
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Stopping smoking is a whole other health issue and a tough one for many of us. I stopped back in 1995 and had to do it one day at a time. Days added up after a while. Best of luck to all of you who are trying the same.