Snapchat...Is this okay? What do you think?

Options

Replies

• awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I would definitely be annoyed.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I dunno. Maybe he thinks of her like a guy friend and they snapchat pics of their poop together. You know, like guys do.

you see the last one i sent you?!

that mexican buffet NEVER disappoints!
  • rpsetser
    Options
    it could be completely possible that they're just exchanging platonic snap chats.... IF he hadn't lied right to your face when he said he only gets them from guy friends.
    sometimes guys think the things they're saying to girls come off as friendly, but the girl thinks its meant in a deeper way, and vice versa.
    I wouldnt take chances. tell him you can see who his top friend is and it makes you uncomfortable and ask him to be completely honest with you.
    my boyfriend once had this girl "friend" he used to work with that popped back into his life one day unannounced when we were at the 5-year mark.. she had a boyfriend, suggested we all double date, etc.. they texted occasionally and was his bank teller on occasion. then the texts got more frequent and personal and before long he was ready to leave me for her, and she wanted to leave her bf for him. We worked through it, fortunately. it was hard but worth it in the end. I hope things truly are platonic with your guy and that girl, but if not, i hope its fixable. best of luck!

When you say you "worked through it" what you're really saying is you forced him to stay with you even though his heart was somewhere else?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    it could be completely possible that they're just exchanging platonic snap chats.... IF he hadn't lied right to your face when he said he only gets them from guy friends.
    sometimes guys think the things they're saying to girls come off as friendly, but the girl thinks its meant in a deeper way, and vice versa.
    I wouldnt take chances. tell him you can see who his top friend is and it makes you uncomfortable and ask him to be completely honest with you.
    my boyfriend once had this girl "friend" he used to work with that popped back into his life one day unannounced when we were at the 5-year mark.. she had a boyfriend, suggested we all double date, etc.. they texted occasionally and was his bank teller on occasion. then the texts got more frequent and personal and before long he was ready to leave me for her, and she wanted to leave her bf for him. We worked through it, fortunately. it was hard but worth it in the end. I hope things truly are platonic with your guy and that girl, but if not, i hope its fixable. best of luck!

When you say you "worked through it" what you're really saying is you forced him to stay with you even though his heart was somewhere else?

Where do you people come up with this crap? Maybe they talked and he figured out that 5yrs with someone you love isn't worth throwing away for a chic that wasn't worth pursuing in the first place? Believe me, if his heart was truly elsewhere, she wouldn't in any way be convincing him to stay. People these days are just too selfish for that.
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    First off he is lying, if she is on the top of the list she and he are exchanging photos more than anyone else on the list.
    Second if he lies about that, he is lying about more.
    Sorry but its the truth. Best of luck to you.

This
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    OP, wise up. I know you want to believe him but where there is smoke there is fire. Don't ignore your gut instinct, sweetie. He is lying. And yes he's looking at inappropriate pics of her or has every intention if shes willing....or he would not feel inclined to lie.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    OP, wise up. I know you want to believe him but where there is smoke there is fire. Don't ignore your gut instinct, sweetie. He is lying. And yes he's looking at inappropriate pics of her or has every intention if shes willing....or he would not feel inclined to lie.

Definitely.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of this until another parent explained that this is an app mostly used for kids (and sometimes adults) sending compromising pics or sexting and most people feel comfortable that because the message "disappears" in seconds that it's not traceable. As we all know, anything on the internet or sent digitally can be traced - it just depends on how well your IT person is.

I would definitely be suspicious of this. I don't believe his story for a moment.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    always go with your gut!
  • MileHighFitness
    MileHighFitness Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Punch her in the mouth, OP! And your bf!

Don't forget yourself, too! Punch everyone!

I agree.. punch everyone involved.. the truth is bound to come out..
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Nope nope nope I would NOT be okay with that. What is the point of Snapchat?? I'll tell you: to be able to send pictures that disappear after a few seconds (although I've heard you can screen-shot them, so they really aren't totally private). If he wanted to send normal pics, he could do it through text. I recently had a MARRIED guy friend ask me over and over to get Snapchat to use with him (he's kind of pervy) and he couldn't give me a good reason why he couldn't just send me photos via text if he wanted to.

Yuck.

You can download an app that intercepts the pictures before they are opened. This will permanently save them without the other person knowing. If you 'screenshot' them, it sends a message to the other person saying it was saved.
    Snapchat photos do not really delete; they just disappear. There is a way (I'm not sure exactly how) that they can be retrieved. I'm a teacher and we just had that lesson for our high school students.

http://www.theguardian.com/media-network/partner-zone-infosecurity/snapchat-photos-not-deleted-hidden

Here's an article about it that's pretty interesting. If he is cheating (and I think that he is), then you could find out for sure.

This was never really true. They are hidden on your phone...UNTIL they are open, at which point they are completely deleted. The method of hiding them is really simple...they just add an extension your phone won't recognize. If you plug your phone into a PC (before opening the pictures in Snapchat), you can download the files with the appended extension, change it back to .jpg, and you now have permanent copies of any pictures.

And before any of you comment on my extensive knowledge of Snapchat...I have a 16yr old daughter. It pays to keep up on this crap.

PARENT WIN!!! Kudos for being an awesome dad!!!:flowerforyou:
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I send pics to my good friend all the time (yummy meals, gross cases at work, my smashed thumb, pics of hot celebrities, funny tshirts). But I don't lie about the pics and keep them so my husband can see if he wants.
  • MileHighFitness
    MileHighFitness Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Inthat case, lets punch walley.. she may know something!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Punch her in the mouth, OP! And your bf!

Don't forget yourself, too! Punch everyone!

^^Knowledge
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Why must everything be so "Naked photos" and "he is cheating" Nothing wrong with snatch chat....
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with snatch chat....

:laugh: :laugh:

Touche'
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

not at all. he made the decision and we worked together to make our relationship better for both of us.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Where do you people come up with this crap? Maybe they talked and he figured out that 5yrs with someone you love isn't worth throwing away for a chic that wasn't worth pursuing in the first place? Believe me, if his heart was truly elsewhere, she wouldn't in any way be convincing him to stay. People these days are just too selfish for that.

thank you for understanding! :)
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing they just share food pics. Like sausages, molluscs, rump roast... organic breasts. Nothing to worry about.

Lulz
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Why must everything be so "Naked photos" and "he is cheating" Nothing wrong with snatch chat....

You misspelled *kitten*.