Busy mom that forgets to eat!!

Options
I get so busy with the little ones that I often forget to eat until I am STARVING!!! Any suggestions on quick, easy and filling snacks that I can grab and go?

Replies

• SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    i don't have kids, but i do have employees and i know the exact problem. so much is going on, you don't even realize you haven't eaten. i try to bring baby carrots and little snack packs of nuts and cheese sticks. that way if they sit out all day, i'll still eat them, and they are easy to walk around eating them when you remember to grab a handful.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I will buy fresh fruit and Baby carrots. Then split it into single serving containers to make it easier to log.

Another thing that helps me is to pre-plan meals and set an alarm to cook it. By the time It's ready to feed the kids I'm hungry.

Throwing meals in the Croc-Pot in the mornings is also a great way to make sure you remember to eat lunch or dinner.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Pre-cut apple slices with some peanut butter in the evening so it's ready to go the next day. Divvy up single portions of almonds in snack bags, grab some Chobani Greek yogurt from the store, get some protein bars. That's all I've got.

I have six little humans and I never forget to eat. I sometimes wish I would ;)
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    String cheese, crisp bread, carrots/celery, nuts, V8, soup in a mug (I like the instant miso packs), spoonful of almond butter, if you live near a Trader Joe's they have lots of little microwavable wontons, pork buns, etc. that are filling but not calorie killers.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    i don't have kids, but i do have employees and i know the exact problem. so much is going on, you don't even realize you haven't eaten. i try to bring baby carrots and little snack packs of nuts and cheese sticks. that way if they sit out all day, i'll still eat them, and they are easy to walk around eating them when you remember to grab a handful.

I pack stuff for work that doesn't have to be refrigerated and leave it out on my desk to remind myself to stop and eat sometimes. Maybe leaving a bowl on the table will help?
  • jents4
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!! I also suffer from baby brain and sleep deprivation so its really hard to think of the simple things sometimes!
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Boil a whole bunch of eggs, mark the date that they've been boiled on the shell, and put them back in the same egg carton in the fridge. They last a long time, very portable and healthy.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    first of all i set my watch to remind me to eat at noon daily.

2nd if time is an issue, then bananas are quick and easy.
  • shedenhelm
    Options
    I use the alarm on MFP to tell me when I have not logged my breakfast. I eat a green apple, an egg and one slice of toast, whatever I'm feeding the kids, or a Luna bar