120 pounds released! Before and current pics.

Options
tidesong
tidesong Posts: 451 Member
Started around 280 lbs, size 3x-4x tops and 24W-26W pants. Lost my first 40 pounds about 7 years ago, and stopped when some major health issues reared their ugly heads. Luckily, I maintained. Started back up again March of last year. It's been a slow, but mostly steady ride.

I am currently 150 lbs, size S-M tops and 6-8 pants (4 if they're a relaxed fit). I have about 5 more pounds until I reach my goal, unless I feel like pushing it further.

First pic is a comparison of the progress pics I take every 3 months. I don't smile in them because I want it to look consistent. The left picture is from March 2012, the middle from December 2012, and the one on the right from December 2013 (taken yesterday, almost exactly a year after the middle one).

Second pic is a comparison of my progress in normal clothes. From L-R: At my highest weight - this pic was from 2005; second was May 2012, after losing my initial 40 pounds, plus an additional 10 pounds; third was from December 2012; last was December 2013, taken about a week ago.

What an emotional journey it's been. I still feel like the 280 lb girl sometimes. Hard to break that mindset. But as one friend told me, I'd been overweight my whole life. It's going to take more than a year or two to accept I'm in a different body now....

side_3-12_12-12_12-13_zps7c9df7ab.png

d89548b4-4b94-4e89-97b7-c3e5e240a418_zps55b34128.png

Replies

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! What an inspiration, thank you for sharing your story and pictures.
  • K4Kit
    K4Kit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome story!!! Congratulations to you and your journey!!! Love your pictures...you look amazing!
  • PurePlaya2000
    PurePlaya2000 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    all I can say is DAMN. You look great. If those pics don't make you want to get in the gym and bust it out, then nothing will. Great job pretty lady :)
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    AMAZING !!
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Very happy for you!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    You've done great! Our stats are very similar, so it's nice to see someone else's progress, right along the same lines as my own. Thanks for sharing!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I hope I can be inspirational to others, just as people have been inspirational to me!
  • BuhbyeBooty
    Options
    You are definitely an inspiration! So so awesome!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Congrats!! :drinker:

I fully understand the mindset issue, the fat mentality thing.
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a journey it has been, I am sure! Keep up the amazing work. Your hard work has paid off! You look fantastic!
  • blf20
    blf20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work. You look amazing,
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Wow. Full stop.

You have done a fantastic job. Unbelievable transformation! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • KaosLynnRose
    KaosLynnRose Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    way to go chicka you look amazing

audience.gif
  • ummyasminah
    ummyasminah Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Amazing, congratulations!
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!! I've seen how hard you've been working this year. Congrats on your successes!! :drinker:
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • lrevels1
    lrevels1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome and Congrats! you look beautiful!
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Awesome job !!!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    WTG! You look wonderful! I'm so happy for you! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!