The Inevitability of Success

Options
Today after my gym session I weight myself to find I'd dropped another 7 pounds to 189, within 9lbs of my target. Im not officially 'healthy' according to BMI calculators and while I know they are highly critical its a nice thing to notice.

I began my journey at the start of June at 256lbs but havent expected such a rapid success rate, MFP taught me more than anyone else ever has in regards to weight, to count calories and eat accordingly. I had aimed 196lbs as a Christmas goal in August but I've already surpassed it by 7lbs with just under 3 weeks to go. In fact since september I actually havent used MFP to track calories only to view the forums, once MFP gave me the tools I felt I could last on my own.

And last on my own I have. In combination with gym work I've been dropping the pounds and only weighting myself sporadically to check I was on course. While it'd be nice to drop the last 9 lbs to my goal I know it is inevitable, as I've titled it, MFP has made success inevitable and I take it and the wider community for that.

Fitness is now my main aim but like with the weight loss, I know I will succeed and I know success is inevitable.

Replies

• keltoi93
    keltoi93 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    MFP must not like positive posts!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    MFP must not like positive posts!

Nah, we're all just a bunch of mean bullies :wink:

Congrats on achieving your goals, and most importantly, being able to maintain. That's the hardest part of all right there, so it's good to see that you won't be coming back in 6 months having gained it all back!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! Congrats on your achievement so far, wishing you well as you take it to the next level!:smile:
  • lizwebb55
    Options
    Your story is so inspirational to me! Your title pulled me in and made me think.....is MY success inevitable?? I have been having a crisis of confidence since Thanksgiving. I made some bad choices and gained two pounds. Instead of using those pounds gained as a motivator, I have been using my slip-up as an excuse and I have struggled almost daily with staying on track. You have done so well. I am sure you have had your challenges, but you make it look effortless. You made made me feel optimistic again. Tomorrow I will have renewed focus. THANKS! And congrats on an amazing journey almost finished.
    ---Liz Webb
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    OP - i think the same way success is inevitable. if you keep learning and applying that knowledge that action will result in changes. and success will follow. i think the same. congrats on your awesome loss as well!
  • keltoi93
    keltoi93 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thats the response I was looking for guys :)