Minneapolis MFP friends

Options
Hello everyone,

I'm Hoda and I just joined MFP this past Monday. My boyfriend told me about it because he used it when he was getting fit. So far, it's great. I'm keeping up with tracking my food, which is the hard part for me. I exercise hard, but food has always been my friend. I joined the gym last summer and lost 45 lbs. I'm ready to put hard work into it and lose another 40 lbs.

I wanted to know if anyone in the twin cities, Minneapolis, Minnesota wanted to creat a little support group on here, or even meet up every now & then to motivate each other? Getting in shape is hard, but it would be nice to have some support.

Please let me know if anyone out there is interested.

Cheers to good health.

- Hoda

Replies

• macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hey.
    I'm in Burnsville, currently at goal (not that I couldn't lose a few more pounds, but close enough for now!). I'm not tracking food, but am tracking exercise and am checking in daily to be sure I stay on track.
    I do cardio 3-4 times a week and strength training 2 times a week. Trying to increase strength and (eventually) try to reduce body fat a little more.
    Add me if interested.
    Stay warm…it's a cold one out there today.
  • HodaSulub
    HodaSulub Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Macy,

Congrats on being at your goal. I give myself till April/May to be at my target goal. I can't wait to get there. Thanks for the reply and I've sent you a friend request.
  • 86myHeadache
    86myHeadache Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    St. Paul checking in here. I too recently joined but have lost a lot this year so far. I love the threads on MFP. Count me in for the support group.
  • reneekise
    reneekise Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm in the St. Cloud area :)
  • HodaSulub
    Options
    I would love that. Thank you. I also love the threads on here...I'm not disciplined at all when it comes to food, so I'm happy that I can track my food intake because that's my BIGGEST problem.

Thanks again.
  • HodaSulub
    Options
    @86myheadache,

That's really awesome. What made you want to lose the weight? Because sometimes it's challenging to get health and what did you do for exercise/food? I just got my butt in that gym & watched what I ate. I wasn't very committed during the summer, but I haven't gained any weight & I'm back to losing weight now.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm from Minnesota, currently living in Fargo though... always looking for Midwest friends though, you can add me if you like!
  • HodaSulub
    Options
    Hi Jane, I would love to add you. What made you move to Fargo?
  • 86myHeadache
    86myHeadache Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wanting to loose the weight has been there for a long time, even longer knowing how to lose weight. Last February I learned a coworkers son who is in his 30s was having heart problems, and needed surgery. Because of him I step on the scale for the first time in forever. My profile summarizes some of my own health problems. Being that I am pursuing a healthcare career I do not want to be a hippocrite and I worry about first impressions in job interviews. This was enough to get me to make minor changes, but ultimately it is about being who I want to be, being active like I used to be. I use to kayak the chain of likes 3 or more times a week. I don't care so much about my weight, waist-size, or bodyfat comp, but all about being able to do the things I love. :bigsmile:

I jumped rope last night for the first time since I retired my wrestling shoes 18 years ago, and I loved feeling athletic again. :)
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hey Hoda, congrats on your weight loss so far!! I'm from Minneapolis too with about 40-50lbs to go. Feel free to add me!
  • HodaSulub
    Options
    That's really. I'm glad you are now able to do the things you love. When it comes down to it, that's what I comes down to. Quality life is better then a life of eating for pleasure and feeling like crap:). Hey, I was wondering what kind of circuit training are you doing? Just curious.
  • HodaSulub
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

Thank you and i will definitely add you:). How's your goal going? I've lost 4 lbs this week, but haven't put that measuring meter on my profile yet.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Jane, I would love to add you. What made you move to Fargo?

I go to one of the universities there and for some reason I have always just really liked Fargo. I'm oddly attracted to small towns for some reason :)
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm from Minnetonka and would be interested in the support group. Thanks all.
  • HodaSulub
    Options
    Well there's nothing wrong with that. I think small towns are charming. I'm a city girl myself:)
  • HodaSulub
    Options
    Hello and you are definitely welcome. Us Minnesotas gotta stick together like ice on your car's windshield:)
  • jpfly
    jpfly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started a group called "twin cities". Search for it under groups! I hope people will join. I'd really like to meetup with some people to do some biking and hiking with this summer.