100+lbs to lose & looking for supportive friends

Options
12346»

Replies

• Kim2PointO
    Options
    Anyone can add me too. My journey started last year off an on unfortunately a lot of off. I'm down from 285 though to 249 so I'm going to start again and try this MFP because I need support and accountability.
  • raestanke
    raestanke Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I would love to lose 120 pounds! We got this! This is my secound round for weight loss, and I know exactly how you feel when you want to see the number go down faster than it is! We got this!!

37269997.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :) as you can see by my ticker, I am slowly but steadily losing weight and have a long way to go!!
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    anyone can feel free to add me. I still have at least 60 more lbs to lose
  • staceyjo76
    staceyjo76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose about 80 pounds. I need support to so feel free to add me.
  • I am on day one and need to lose 80 lbs. YIKES. I didn't realize how many calories I was eating a day until I calculated breakfast! And I'm not at noon yet! Are there any "free foods" you can eat? I've done Weight Watchers where most fruits and veggies are free.
    Let's make this happen!
    Sara
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am on day one and need to lose 80 lbs. YIKES. I didn't realize how many calories I was eating a day until I calculated breakfast! And I'm not at noon yet! Are there any "free foods" you can eat? I've done Weight Watchers where most fruits and veggies are free.
    Let's make this happen!
    Sara

There are no free foods, as everything that counts as actual food (including drinks) has calories. However, you should focus on getting both protein and fibre at each meal/snack, as it will help you feel full faster, and you will stay satisfied longer. Some snacks I really enjoy are a piece of cheese, 15 almonds, and some non-starchy veggies, like cucumber (a 1oz piece of cheese, 15 almonds and a few inches of cucumber is about 230 calories, depending on exactly what cheese you eat). Another power combo for me, is 15 almonds, and a tangerine.

Changing from white carbs, to whole grain has also helped immensely, with feeling full faster, and not getting hungry as often. I don't usually eat potatoes, bread any more, as their caloric content versus nutritional value doesn't make sense to me now.

I've also cut out artificial sweeteners (I use 1 tsp of honey in my coffee now, if I want it) because I find that makes me crave more sweets, not help me satisfy cravings. I strive never to eat more than one serving of an item at a meal, and I strive not to double up on my carbs either (so no garlic bread with pasta). I've also started to sub out some of my carbs, for a serving of black beans or chick peas.

Good luck!