Very Important

Options
My name is Belle, I'm 21 years old. I'm 92 pounds and recovering from Bulimia. I have been doing amazing for the last few weeks but tonight I'm feeling like I'm going to relapse.. I understand that none of your are psychologists, but could some of you share your success stories/how good you feel starting your healthier lifestyle? I just need a little motivation to stay on track. Thank you so much! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• littlebunny00
    littlebunny00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Belle,
    I have never experienced an eating disorder but i urge you to look back on the last few weeks and look at far you have come... look at how strong you have been. You know that you have the willpower to resist the urge to relapse. You know that you want a healthier life for yourself. take every moment as it comes and believe in yourself. You are stronger than the disorder. Much respect to you for reaching out for help.
  • MissBelle777
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I feel much better already. :flowerforyou:
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    Hang in there......"We're all hungry in a different way".......think that's from a Wynona Judd song. Just understand that recovery is a fragile process. Peace?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry belle. the first thing i think is knowing you are feeling that way. that allows you to problem solve to prevent it. you can do this. it's just a litle time to get thru. you got this. :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are working through your disorder. A lot of people tend to forget that being healthy is as much a mental thing as it is a physical thing.

It takes time for people to teach themselves to get into a healthy mindset. It's the same for those that undereat or overeat. Issues are issues but the great thing is you can overcome them.

Have you thought about a journal or even using the blog option on MFP? It can be therapeutic to just write down things...no matter how irrational or weird. Just getting it out can help you clear your head and give you that moment to focus on something else.

Hang in there and keep going. Don't give into it!!!! You can do this :bigsmile:
  • D8vidFitness
    Options
    Heads up Missbelle!

you're stronger than you think :flowerforyou: