White rice

Options
Hello people, I need help on figuring out portion sizes for my rice. Can anyone tell me a good rememberable size for a cup of boiled white rice?

p.s. i don't have a rice cup measurer -.-

Replies

• edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Its hard to say what you can use to measure a cup, maybe a small drinking glass...you can buy a cup measurements at a dollar store for $1 ....this approximation, but 1 cup cooked white rice has around 250 calories FYI.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am trying to understand the question... Are you wanting to know how much to EAT? Or how much to COOK?
    If you want to know eating wise... Well if you want to eat white rice, I would not suggest more then 1/4 cup... About the size of your fist. If you are cooking it, and you do not have a measuring cup, Then a hand full with a glass of boiling water. Med heat, With a lid, Stir every minute. A regular measuring cup will work, and if you do not have one, Go get one. It is SO MUCH EASIER to KNOW what you are measuring/eating with a measuring cup. :-) There is no need to get a SPECIAL MEASURING CUP for RICE!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    The size of a tennis ball is about the right size portion for you.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hello people, I need help on figuring out portion sizes for my rice. Can anyone tell me a good rememberable size for a cup of boiled white rice?

Try to eat brown rice :tongue: but a good way to measure is make a fist... thats the MAX you should be eating... this also goes for veggies... very good thing to remember (your fist should be about a cup size anyways - Unless you have huge hands! hehehe)

For meat put your hand flat and thats how much meat you can eat.... :drinker:
  • DanL66712
    Options
    You see all this hand sized portion stuff doesn't work for me, because I have such big hands! Good for some things, but not so good for portion control!!