Exercising ... With A Fever?

Options
I woke up this morning with a horrible sore throat and a low-grade fever of 99.6 degrees. :( Should I take a rest day? Yesterday was my scheduled rest day and I'd hate to take another day off. I WANT to exercise but I also don't want to run the risk of being sicker for a longer period of time.

What should I do, MFP? Is it safe or not?

Replies

• lizfiz50
    lizfiz50 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I was about to go on here and post the same whether I should go to the gym, except no fever, but I'm a bit congested. Plus, it's wet and cold.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Take a break.. Sit back, pop some pop corn and rent a movie.. and relax..
    Tomorrow you will come back twice as strong, and burn twice as the calories and do twice the reps..
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I general I think it's a bad Idea but I'm not a doctor Maybe if you feel up to it do somthing light like a walk or yoga. You don't want to raise your body temp too much. Rest the rest of the day and drink lots of fluids.
  • healthyinspirationss
    Options
    Thanks! I'll take it easy today :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I woke up with a sore throat and stupidly still went to the 9:15am spinning class I'd booked. The result is that now I feel even worse. I'm also 21 weeks pregnant, which makes me even more stupid!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that your body is already in overdrive trying to kick whatever virus you have going on--you don't need to add to its work by over extending yourself! Take it easy, get better, and then get back at it!