When to Exercise

Options
There are so many articles and information out there, i cant really figure out when the best time to exercise is, would it be morning-before you eat, after you eat....in the afternoon?? Anytime???? Does it really matter? Empty stomach/full? Or is it a personal preference?

I really cant make a decision , when its best and when you burn the best calories?

I found a article on this website http://health.msn.com/fitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100146039

It seams like it is reasonable and what she is talking about makes sense???

Any suggestions/input/advice on this issue ?

Thank's

Replies

• lordofultima
    Options
    Don't matter, the important part is that you exercise, not when. You'll burn calories no matter when it is, and as long as it contributes to a calorie deficit you lose weight. Simple.
  • paul100
    Options
    Whatever time you can manage. If you have a busy life it's good to fit things in around your work life... I used to cycle to work for example - it was just as quick as driving across town so it didn't actually take up any extra time.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    It's best just to find the time that works for you. The time where you have the energy to workout.
    Personally, I love working out in the AM. I get it done with and the rest of the day I can dedicate to other responsibilites and relaxing.

Oh.. working out with a full stomach, especially for cardio, isn't really recommended, you may end up with a lovely cramp. I'll eat a banana before I weight lift sometimes, it digests quickly.
  • jwulgaert
    jwulgaert Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kind of related, I try to walk 2 miles (round trip) to wherever I'm eating at, so 1 mile there, eat, 1 mile back. I don't run there but just the walking will burn off a large chunk of calories from the meal consumed.