5'5 down almost 40lbs!

Options

Replies

• jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your loss, it breaks my heart to think of what you must have gone through.

Congratulations on finding what works for you and falling in-love with running!! I also love it! It's such a honest, productive thing. :happy:
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. I cannot imagine the depth of your pain. You look fantastic. Such cute outfits!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    You look Fantastic !!!! You have overcome so much and set an example for others.
    Love how you said, find what works for YOU... everybody is different.
    Bess your heart and stay strong.
  • toricoppardx
    toricoppardx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you are a true inspiration. you look gorgeous and healthy! a great role model :)
  • FinallyFitMommy
    FinallyFitMommy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look INCREDIBLE!!
    Hello everyone!

I just wanted to post my before and progress pictures!.. I wouldn't have been able to even start if it wasn't for so many of your inspirational stories! So here is a little about me. In 2010 My oldest daughter passed away from complications of a heart defect at age 4. I turned to food in order to cope with the loss.. I then found out only 2 weeks later that I was pregnant again!... I never really realized how much weight I had kept on after that pregnancy until I saw pictures of myself at my sisters College graduation in June 2013. Seeing those pictures was definitely my "ah ha" moment. I decided I no longer wanted to look like that and feel that unhappy!.. So I decided to kick start a diet and fitness plan to shed some weight..Finding what worked for me was the hardest struggle.. so many people tell you "this is the only way, or the right way" to do it.. I found that changing your lifestyle isn't a "one size fits all" thing.. its a "find what works for YOU" type of thing. So once I figured that out I was able to shed 36lbs in 4 months!.. I fell in love with running.. I always say it literally SAVED my life.. So while I still have 30 ish more pounds to go I just wanted to share some progress pics! (hopefully im doing it right!)

before:

image.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Now!

c43959b9-1a85-4a47-93ae-51a00b36e99f.jpg
    38f7e653-b398-459a-a431-6ccb87b7ba31.jpg
    fb569c24-6cba-41fd-bff9-111e2d3f6bea.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    it really shows. congrats!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job! I am soooooo sorry for your loss! I could not imagine losing a child. But your doing whats needed to be there for your youngest! Great job!!!
  • WendyLynn1406
    WendyLynn1406 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all of the supportive comments!.. IT's people like you who give me the motivation and strength to continue on this bumpy journey. :)
  • WendyLynn1406
    Options
    You are amazing. I cannot imagine the depth of your pain. You look fantastic. Such cute outfits!

Thank you. I have no fashion sense so I look on pinterest and try to copy the look at walmart/target or goodwill. I figure why spend all that money when i hopefully wont be wearing them long :)
  • WendyLynn1406
    Options
    Excellent progress!!! What size are you down to?

Thank you, Depending on the pants about a 12.. sometimes smaller :)
  • siya145
    Options
    Congrats ! Great job!
    I'm your sure your oldest daughter would be proud of you.
  • WendyLynn1406
    Options
    Congrats ! Great job!
    I'm your sure your oldest daughter would be proud of you.
    [/quote

Thank you. I hope so!.. Shes made me want to be as healthy and strong as I can be.. That way I can be around longer for her little sister and Brother.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look like you lost more than 40 pounds...:flowerforyou:
  • MzExclusive85
    Options
    You look amazing! Im so happy for you!
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • WendyLynn1406
    Options
    Awesome! You look like you lost more than 40 pounds...:flowerforyou:

Thank you! that makes me feel really good!!
  • WendyLynn1406
    Options
    You look amazing! Im so happy for you!

Thank you!!
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am amazed and inspired. You look great! I can't believe what 36 lbs actually looks like!
  • strunch
    strunch Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    You look great congrats. I'm truly sorry for your loss as a mother of a 6,3,&1 yr old I couldn't begin to imagine the heartache you have gone through.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!