Driver's license dilemna

I got a letter to renew my drivers' license by mail. But I'm 70 lbs lighter now... and my face looked very chubby last time...

What do I do? Take the easy way and mail it or go there to have the picture redone?

Replies

• R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Go in. Get a new pic of the awesome you!
    And update your weight!!! :flowerforyou:
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    :wink: This would give me a chance to update my drivers license to a new picture of myself.... Get a new photo!!! :happy:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I'd go in. 70 pounds is a big deal. I wouldn't want to have to look at or explain my old pic over and over again for the next however many years...That's just me though. :flowerforyou:
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Get a new pic. I am definitely going in for a new pic and a weight update
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Absolutely go get a new one !!:drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I recently had the same dilemma. I chose to have the old picture and weight, and not have to go to the DMV, but I kinda wish I'd gone the other way.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Definitely take the time to go down there and have the picture redone. You worked hard and may regret it if you renew by mail.

my goals are partially centered around my license renewal next September:)
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Yes. Be proud of your accomplishment. Go update. You deserve it.
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    I would go have the pic redone. You worked hard for that new look! Also, it would really suck to have your ID questioned if you really needed it for something.
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Now, don't be lazy. Just go! Show off your accomplishment. :D
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    I got a letter to renew my drivers' license by mail. But I'm 70 lbs lighter now... and my face looked very chubby last time...

What do I do? Take the easy way and mail it or go there to have the picture redone?

Go in and tell them you've lost so much weight you must have your picture taken again!

Congratulations on weight loss, and good job!
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    I have never changed the weight I had listed on my license since I was a teenager. My license will always say 117 pounds which is a lie and I gonna keep it that way!! ha ha
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Enjoy all the compliments you'll get on the weight you've lost...send it in! :)
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Where I live you only need to renew your pic every 12 years, and it's a $15 fee and an hour or two wait at the DMV. So our pics usually look outdated. I'd save my money and time and mail it in. I don't care what my pic on my cards in my wallet look like.

But not to belittle your accomplishment! If you would prefer a new pic, definitely, go for it!
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    This is awesome, go get another pic and update your weight stats.