Looking for new running songs. What's your favorite?

Options
I'm looking for some more running songs for my playlist. Specifically, I'm looking for songs in the BPM range of 175 +/- 5 or 87 +/- 2.

Probably my favorite on the list right now is The Postal Service - Such Great Heights (175 bpm).

What's your favorite?

Replies

• rpsetser
    Options
    Not sure about the BPM on this one, but Mr. Brightside by The Killers is my favorite song to run to.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the BPM on this one, but Mr. Brightside by The Killers is my favorite song to run to.
    Love that song, but it's a little bit slow for my target stride (it's about 148)
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I like some of the classic's, not much for alot of the new crap these days, mostly cause I'm sick of hearing it. A couple of tunes I like are "Headpins-Don't it make ya feel", "Billy Squier- Everybody wants you", "Def Leppard- Slang" :)
  • eugovogue
    Options

Ahh what I coincidence! I've been running to their entire Hot Fuss album for the last week now!

OP--I take it you don't like girly pop like Lady Gaga (her latest ARTPOP album is workout HEAVEN!). In that case I suggest Daft Punk, M83, Phoenix, Young The Giant. Just go to iTunes and any of their top songs will do.

Also throwbacks like Take On Me by a-ha or Funkytown
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options

Ahh what I coincidence! I've been running to their entire Hot Fuss album for the last week now!

OP--I take it you don't like girly pop like Lady Gaga (her latest ARTPOP album is workout HEAVEN!). In that case I suggest Daft Punk, M83, Phoenix, Young The Giant. Just go to iTunes and any of their top songs will do.

Also throwbacks like Take On Me by a-ha or Funkytown

Never gonna Gaga, but love Funkytown :)
  • swoodco
    swoodco Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not a song per se but Podrunner app is terrific for finding target bpm tunes.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    My fav running song right now. My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) -- Fall Out Boy
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    Have you tried any of the running mixes by MotionTraxx or PodRunner? I use their interval stuff, but they have many steady-state mixes too.