reducing inchrs but gaining weight

Options
i am 5'3" on a 1200 cal diet..eating all healty with 1 or 2 cheats day in a month.exercing 5 days a week with 30 min walk and 30 min exercise( like jumping jacks ,pus ups,sit ups,planks) for abut 2 months.my dress are lose.my waist size has reduced but my scle is showing more than what i weigh earlier.

Replies

• jewjewbat
    Options
    You're doing awesome! It sounds to me like you are gaining muscle mass and losing fat. Muscle weighs more than fat does so even though your scale number is up trust your body transformation and change is size :)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome! It sounds to me like you are gaining muscle mass and losing fat. Muscle weighs more than fat does so even though your scale number is up trust your body transformation and change is size :)

this^^

I am just an inch shorter than you, and this is what has been going on for me the last year. I have only lost about 6lbs, but changed a TON. Let me know if you would like to see pics of me at the same weight over the years.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Weight is just a number. The way you look and feel is the real measure of success.
  • gngracie
    gngracie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You're doing something right since your measurements are going down. Start tracking your measurements each month. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you're probably gaining muscle, which is good - it will help burn fat.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the inches go, before the lbs do. This week, I was under my count, and exercised almost every day. Yet gained 4 lbs. So I'm not too worried about it. I've been doing new exercises and I'm just assuming its muscle weight, because my body aches now lol
  • sha0791
    Options
    thanks to all..plz post the pics anyone who is lossing inches but not weight....
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    In the past 2 years I have lost
    Bust: 4 inches
    Waist: 12 inches
    Hips: 4 inches

I never measured my arms or legs, but you can tell they are visibly smaller as well. My fingers have shrink from a size 9 wedding ring to a size 7. I lost 1.5 inches around my wrist, my bracelets just fall off. My neck has shrunk, I have a collarbone now and cheek bones just starting to show up. I have gone from a woman US Size 20 down to an 8. Yet I'm still 'overweight' according to BMI, I am 12 lbs away from healthy weight. I currently weight 162lbs, @ 5'5ft. So don't give up, I get frustrated with the scale all the time. I feel like I should weigh less but I don't :grumble:

edited to say sorry no picture to go along.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    thanks to all..plz post the pics anyone who is lossing inches but not weight....

about 6lbs loss over a years time
    11099489163_a176cdc50d.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

about a 2lb loss over 7 months time.
    9799221974_4ccc67c1f0.jpg
    2/13, 4/13, 9/13 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr