food addiction

Options
anybody out there who considers themselves a "food addict" and abstains from flour and sugar?

Replies

• Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am, and I try to abstain for sweets and rarely eat grains. It`s the only way I don`t binge. That said, it`s been a loooooooooooooong process for me, with many (x1000000.....) attempts. I ***think*** I can still have some, sometimes, but not too much and not often. I had some today and will see how it goes in the next days. It is definitly easier for me to abstain completly from sugar (and reduce grains to a max) then to try managing it. Those who say it`s mental are NOT addicted to that stuff! It`s totally physiological,. for me at least.
  • carri8820
    Options
    I love all the sweets and I have cut them out otherwise I O.D, majorly. It as if I have no shut off valve. For my sweet spot I go for a Yoplait whips they have all kinds of sweet flavors. It hits the spot without the over indulgence.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I love all the sweets and I have cut them out otherwise I O.D, majorly. It as if I have no shut off valve. For my sweet spot I go for a Yoplait whips they have all kinds of sweet flavors. It hits the spot without the over indulgence.

You...O.D...majorly...so meaning you've had to go the hospital to detox and such?
  • ch2125k
    ch2125k Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was told that I am a carb addict. I tried the carbohydrate addicts diet, but it SO did not work. Lets try to help motivate each other.
  • robin1529
    Options
    This sounds like me. I love sweets!
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yep, me! Plus they make me really sick and I (used to) eat them anyway!
  • Markforlife
    Markforlife Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice work on losing 22 , if you lose anymore ya' might disappear. BE CAREFUL ! !
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Nice work on losing 22 , if you lose anymore ya' might disappear. BE CAREFUL ! !

Are you refering to me?? This is my ``after`` photo, lol!! I was almost at goal weight on this pic but gained a lot back :-( Working on it!