purple spots inner elbow?

Options
hey guys,

just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this:

i was stretching this morning before the gym and noticed approximately five tiny purple circles on my inner right elbow. yesterday i was on the arc trainer for 45 minutes with high incline. i was holding on for dear life with my hands before me, holding on to the handles near the front of the machine (as opposed to the bars on either side of my legs). my arms were outstretched and i often had to adjust them due to the pain of that position, specifically in my inner elbows.

i am alcohol-free nearly one month so i did not bump into something and i haven't a habit that produces needles marks (as the bruises resemble a junkie struggling to find a fitting vein). the only pain/trauma i can recall was at the gym.

please advise with any information or personal insight regarding this topic. i am diagnosed obsessive-compulsive and these spots have my imagination (and neuroses) quite illuminated.

a thank-you in advance to any that can shed an ounce of light.

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    It could be anything starting from some tiny allergy up to leukemia. Just like simple headaches could be something as silly as high blood pressure up to something as brain cancer. At least that's what my doctor said to me. For me a similar, as you describe yours, purple spots on the wrist ended up being allergic reaction what I think was caused by material on chest fly machine. At least I though so cos they always came beck when I did exercise with it and went away when I didn't. All though they once came up back without me using it and then went away again, so don't know if it was machine. Maybe it's same for you since you get them in gym, right? So might be same material.

Anyways, impossible to tell, especially without pictures. If they don't go away go to doctor.
  • pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    thanks for the input - i appreciate it. if i knew how to add a picture i would be all
    over that feature, but alas.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    It is a bruise from working out. You probably just bumped it. I wouldn't think much of it unless it doesn't go away in a few days.
  • pattycakes80
    Options
    working out related petechiea actually sounded slightly plausible? google and i have been close today.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    im guessing that it has to do with some kind of bruising that happened from overstretching your arms
  • pattycakes80
    Options
    thanks! that is what i am hoping it is!
  • clarabkyu
    clarabkyu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    More than likely bruising. It's happened to me a few times as well, on various parts of my body. You had a high intensity workout, from what you described, and it put a lot of strain on your arms. Might want to baby your right arm for a bit, ice it or massage it a little in case it's deeper than what it appears to be.
  • pattycakes80
    Options
    they seem a little faded today. i am going to actually take a rest day and just relax this arm. i would feel better if it was one big bruise versus five or six perfect tiny circles. so bizarre!
  • jshay295
    jshay295 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've gotten them in that spot from sleeping with my arm curled/folded tightly under my head , I think it's the capillaries/ veins bursting from being cut off. At least, that\s what I put it down to at the time . I haven't noticed them since, but I haven't really looked either.
  • pattycakes80
    Options
    i am just chalking it up as burst vessels from that workout. they are fading and no more have sprouted up!

still, the possibility of leukemia haunts me just a bit at night.