I need support!

Options
Hey! I'm 23 years old and I just had a baby 6 and a half weeks ago. I gained 55 lbs while pregnant, but on top of that, I was almost 50 lbs overweight, so I have a lot to lose. I have lost about 24 lbs just in having the baby (and all that entails), water weight from swelling, and some hard work on my part. I am juggling taking care of a newborn, trying to find time to work out, getting ready to go back to work, trying to see my husband, and everything else in life. I need a few strong supporters! This is going to be a long journey, and I could use a few friends to help!
Thanks!
Katie

Replies

• clarabkyu
    clarabkyu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Huah!! You have a ton on your plate. I'm basically a kid myself so I don't know what it's like to juggle another life while caring for my own. BUT! Maybe while you're nursing or comforting your baby you can do some squats, lunges, or calf exercises. I don't know when you're comfortable with this, but take your baby out in the stroller for a walk. It's probably a bit cold right now, but later on it will really help you out.

Also, don't think this is weird, but take a random couple of minutes throughout your day and do situps, pushups, or any other easy to do exercise. Set a number to do in a certain amount of time and build as you get stronger. It will add up by the end of the day. And as always, watch your diet. Drink lots of water and try to stay away from tooo much sugar. I suggest keeping under 90g of sugar a day. There's enough room for you to get what you need and not go overboard.

So I'll be a friend! Everyone needs motivation buddies :)
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you have alot going on, don't forget to enjoy that new baby! i gained 100 lbs with each pregnancy. that means i have gained over 300 lbs in my lifetime! :)

you will lose the weight, it can and will be done. i took it slow, just did the elliptical about 2 hours per day, and breastfeed, and i lost 100 lbs in 8 weeks :) but make sure you are enjoying this time in your life, you wanna make memmories <3 i am here for support though.
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Exercise is accumulative. Get in what you can when you can and it will add up. I agree with the stroller when the weather warms walking with the babe is great exercise and super enjoyable. Work your way up slow and steady until you are comfortable with what you are doing for yourself. And remember all you do for the baby is new stuff you wouldn't have been doing and all that work counts! You can do this I know it!

CW
  • betrishy
    betrishy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have been there, gained 60 pounds when I was pregnant with my first. Just log your food, drink lots of water, and move more. Push the baby is the stroller to the gym, dance around the house while holding her, and remember they only stay little for so long! Mine is 8 now and the weight is gone lol, but the loose skin remains. I wish someone would have told me about this wrinkly belly I would get from having kids, lol! I would recommend a belly bandit, I wore it home from the hospital, and it helped hold my tummy in.