Tracking food

CricketKate
CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
All of the food I eat, I measure in ounces, not in serving size. Is there anyway to convert without taking the extra time to find out how many cups 12 oz of veggies or 2 oz cheese would equally.

I'm also wondering if the pasta measurements are dry or cooked?

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    dry
  • Simple solution is to create your own entries. that way you can put in ounces if you wish. Pasta measurements is dry I believe.
  • There are calculators online which is an easy way to do it. Try this one http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/ounces-to-grams.htm

All the best.
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    well for pasta ive found that 2 oz dry is 1 cup cooked...and thats how I measure mine out. hope that helps!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Thank you all for the help!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    I have the same problem with veggies.... some things are listed as 1 serving or 1 zuchinni, or 1/2 cup, etc. I like everything in ounces. When you talk "cups", that relates to liquid.. volume varies depending on leaf sizes, etc.

I've added my own foods when I buy prepackaged ones. But, I still have to do some estimating when it comes to veggies because the measurements are not listed by weight. So, I just do the best I can and remember that I can't do that much damage by underestimating non-starchy vegatables.
This discussion has been closed.