Back on board

Options
Had a very brief go at losing weight using MFP earlier in the year, but just couldn't get into it, as I'd been low-carbing for ages, but fallen off the wagon big style and just felt like I wasn't eating enough. I've finally realised that whilst I don't want to eat loads of carbs, taking them out of the equation totally doesn't do me any favours cos when I have fall off, I just can't stop eating carbs and take ages to get back into it. I've been gaining and losing the same half stone all year, and so decided to try GI/GL eating a month ago, this worked well as I didn't get hungry but I found it hard to gauge how much food to eat, I wasn't losing much weight, it was very slow but I felt better for doing it, and that's when I had the "lightbulb" moment of coming on here to track my calories but still follow the principle's of GI/GL eating, so good healthy food, ditch the sugar, but can still have cereal, bread, pasta etc as long as I keep it healthy and wholemeal.

I started on Weds and then had a Christmas party Thursday night (with Friday off for hangover eating - oops!) but despite that I'm already a few pounds down and feeling great. Confident that I can do this, without major damage over Christmas and get back to it again the other side of Christmas. I turn 50 in February, and whilst I now know I won't be at my goal by then, as I've got around 3 stone to lose, I will be well on my way.

I'm in the UK and if anyone would like to buddy up with me for support and motivation that'd be great!

Jan x

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm also back after not being around for a month. It sounds like you're making great progress. Keep at it. :)
  • TheDramaQueen
    Options
    Thanks, all the best to you too, I'm in the zone right now and it feels great!!
  • rede2go
    rede2go Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I have been away for a while my self.... new job different schedule ect. Love it here and still enjoy the people and the support. Feel free to add me and we can be in the boat together. Good luck and have an amazing day!
  • TheDramaQueen
    Options
    thanks - have sent a FR
  • letstrythatagain
    Options
    Me too. Lost 24lbs but fell off the wagon in September and have seen half of it creep back on.So ashamed I started a new account!
  • Primeval_Princess
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • Same, for me. Just started again today, not had a chance to update my profile yet. FR if you want.
  • Funny that. I did exactly the same - even started a new account because I felt so bad. FR if you want?
  • My last post didn't work too well. Meant to comment on this - same thing happened to me even starting a new account...
    Me too. Lost 24lbs but fell off the wagon in September and have seen half of it creep back on.So ashamed I started a new account!
  • TheDramaQueen
    Options
    We've all been there just about I'm sure, the amount of times I've lost a good amount of weight & put it all back on again is ridiculous, but I have to believe that I can do this & get it right eventually!
  • SuperJo1972
    SuperJo1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well done for starting again. :smile: To start again in December is commitment. If you weren't serious you'd have put it off to January and may never have got back on track. This is a healthy lifestyle change, not a diet, right?

My tip is to log everything, even if you have a bad day. Let's face it it's almost Christmas and tempation is everywhere. The weekly average graph on the phone app is great as you can see that on weeks where you may have had a splurge or two, it is often countered by the rest of the week being good. Just be honest with yourself and do our best. You have taken the first step towards a healthy lifestyle.

I think I am sticking to it now as I log everything, I am honest with myself and fogive the the odd slip. The overall effect is still a downward slide of those lbs.

Good luck :glasses:
  • TheDramaQueen
    Options
    Thanks for that & yes I did consider starting again after Christmas but I just could not afford to put anymore weight on, 6 weeks ago I was at my heaviest ever & I had to do something, so even if my scale is a bit up & down, the overall will be down before Christmas & that's got to be a good thing :-)