Guilt after eating

Options
I was diagnosed with an ED last year, since then I have gained 9kg and 1 kg away from the HWR, I plan my meals the day before on MFP and eat healthy most of the time. But I am at this stage where I am sick of eating the healthy way, for example I will make pizza the healthy way, and would not dare to eat pizza hut. Most days I eat around 1500 cals which is probably weight loss amount. I use to eat around 1200 cals but since then I have upped my calories to 1500-1600, I know I should up it to around 2000, as I exercise around 5 days and burn around 450-500 cals a workout
My goals are to
- eat around 2000 cals per day
- Not feel guilty after eating certain foods,
- Having fear foods in the house - fearing I will binge on these foods until it is all gone

I would like to hear your suggestions

Replies

• Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm not experienced with ED so not best placed to offer advice. Just want to wish you luck.

I would say be accountable to yourself but try to avoid getting obsessive. I realise that's probably a lot easier to say than do.
  • JennyFreckles00
    Options
    How brave of you to share this with the MFP community. Thank you for your honesty! I lived with food guilt for most of my adult life, and now realize that I probably need therapy or some sort of professional help to deal with it. Best of luck to you!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing :-) congrats on your recovery :-) I really don't have any advice that I could give you, but I think your on the right track by upping calories. Good luck and I wish you the best! Your very brave for posting this here and should be very proud of yourself for seeking a healthy lifestyle :-)
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your recovery..I am trying to recover as well. Honestly..best way to get over food fears is to work with a dietitian who takes all the numbers out of it. They make meal plan that is balanced, but not about calories. I also eat freedom foods weekly. Foods that scare me ****less. It takes time but I know it will get easier. I also have a recovery blog.
    http://freedomhunger.blogspot.com
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Erectile Dysfunction?

Have the pizza if you want it and it fits your macros. There is no need for guilt when you have a treat now and then, especially if you stay within your goals.
    It may help to see a counselor if it really causes anxiety.
  • klmorg1227
    klmorg1227 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I also deal with an ED. I over exercise if I eat one little thing...like even a small piece of birthday cake (maybe 3 bites of it to make a friend happy that is celebrating) will send me out for a run. The guilt can be very emotionally stressing. I talked to a nurse, (didn't know she was a nurse until the end of our conversation) , that worked at an ED clinic that told me she was concerned with my eating habits and thought that I 'bore watching'. I have reached my goal weight. I started at 216 pounds/ size 18W and now weigh about 140 and am a size 6. I maintain between 139 and 142. I weigh and measure myself once a week. Trying to maintain is exceptionally scary for me. I have been eating 1000 - 1200 calories a day since April 2013 and am now consuming about 1500 a day (my page here says I need to consume about 1800 a day). The first couple weeks of maintaining I went from 140 to 143, (it was also my period week so the gain was 'normal' for me), but I still lightly panicked. Now I am back to 141.3, (as of Sunday morning weigh in), but lost in measurements...about a 1/4 inch from bust and hips and a 1/2 inch at the waist. If I continue to get smaller I will up calories again....but will maintain this for another week or so to be sure. Whats really crazy is eating the 3 bites of cake doesn't even send me over the 1800 per day limit..its just the idea of 'forbidden food' I guess....