Lame, but need to brag

Options
Ever since I had my daughter, I HATE clothes shopping. I either wear the same super oversized workout pants I wore when I was 40 weeks pregnant, or I wear horrendous mom-jeans passed onto me from middle-aged family friends of mine. For me, its easier than daring to go to the store and try on age appropriate things that actually look good on my body. Just one of the ways anxiety holds me back sometimes.

ANYWAY, the other day I dared to go clothes shopping since I still owe myself a new clothing item after reaching my November weight goal. I tend to grab clothes bigger than what I normally wear so I don't end up disappointed, but I felt daring. Instead of my predictable size 14, mid-rise mom jeans that I've been wearing I sucked it up and tried on some size 11 low-rise skinnys (despite my post-baby flab). They fit! It was nice feeling 22 years old instead of 40. :) Was a nice NSV, since a lot of this journey has to do with not only shrinking in size, but managing my anxiety and depression through making healthy choices. Woohoo!

Replies

• strunch
    strunch Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Cool!
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    good for you! :)
  • ilbcnuz
    ilbcnuz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    That's got to feel great! I am sooo nervous about going clothes shopping. I am SO like you, I always grab sizes that may be too big so that I'm not disappointed if they don't fit.

Also, I'm sending you a friend request!
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    That's not lame at all! Wonderful NSV!!
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!!,:flowerforyou:
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I'm terrified of the words low rise, skinny and single digits when referring to jeans. It will be a while before I get the kind of balls you have to try them on. :)
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!! - Not just the size change but the attitude change! It's hard to see yourself differently and you are taking steps to get there. I've gone from size 22W pants to 10s, and finally see myself the way others see me. I get called 'skinny' all the time and it makes me smile. Congrats on the steps you are taking to a healthier you!
  • iLOVEbabySARA13
    Options
    That is awesome. I'm terrified of the words low rise, skinny and single digits when referring to jeans. It will be a while before I get the kind of balls you have to try them on. :)

Until I got pregnant all I wore were super low-rise skinny jeans, however I don't have the best genes, so my belly didn't just tighten back up. I have a lot of wrinkly loose skin on my lower belly, so now its terrifying! Good to know that in the right size, they didn't look so bad. :)
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on overcoming your anxiety and getting some new clothes.
  • amandajeanAKAaj
    amandajeanAKAaj Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Way to go sweets! This is not lame it is something to brag about, so brag on sister!!! I have been bragging about dropping a jean size myself, even though I have a few more to go to be where I want to be. Keep up the great work reaching all the goals you have set for yourself!!!!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    YAY!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    That really is amazing!! I'm lookingto muster up the courage to finally buy some low rise jeans! I'm wearing too big mom jeans right now
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I fail to see the lame.

All I see is goodness.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Totally not lame. Way to go. It's awesome when you can get smaller more stylish jeans and get out of ?mommy mode"
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Nothing lame about that! Hold your head up high and be proud of yourself!
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I agree... not lame at all! That is awesome progress! Keep it up!
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Not lame, always fun to take that unfamiliar step and find that things are not what we thought. Have to learn to extend ourselves in many ways
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Isn't it the best feeling in the world? Having the right size clothes makes all the difference.

The other day I bought a size 10 jeans and my daughter says, "Mom, you're not wearing baggy pants!" What a great feeling that was.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. But, as a 40 something I want to let you know that life doesn't end after your 20's and it's ok to stay fit and pretty and wear cute clothes. Just cause I'm in my 40's doesn't mean I'm rushing out to buy stretchy waist polyester pants. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!