Any 100-150 pound weight loss motivators?

Options
I've been here for about a week and a half, and have lost about 12 pounds already but still have a lot to go. Most of my friends (who are awesome) on here need to lose 40-50 pounds, so I was hoping there might be some more people on here in for the "long haul". I have an open diary and I log everyday so if you need to lose a bunch of weight like I do, add me!

Replies

• ALTnJRM
    Options
    I vouch for this guy. Very motivational :D
  • sasouna
    sasouna Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! Me! :happy:
    I need to lose 110 lbs.. :grumble:
  • ewrob
    ewrob Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've lost 144 pounds in just over 9 months. Today I think I have around 30 pounds left to lose. I'm still losing 10 pounds per month.

It can be done quickly and healthfully, but if you're anywhere near as overweight as I was, it is going to take a dramatic and permanent lifestyle change.

I went from large stuffed crust pizzas at pizza hut and big philly cheesesteak subway sandwiches to a plant-based diet. After a short adjustment time, I started to feel dramatically better, no longer relying on coffee to get me going in the morning and no longer suffering food comas after meals, even if I ate a lot of food.

The energy and vitality that I gained allowed me to pursue an active lifestyle, and my quality of life has been immeasurably improved. I have won a lifelong battle with obesity and I weigh 50 pounds less than I did in high school, my previous healthiest time, before starting this diet.

Many people are very closed-minded to plant-based/vegan lifestyles, and some presentations of these lifestyles (such as PETA's aggressive tactics) provide good reasons to be. They can be done, they are practical and healthy, and my personal experience is a phenomenal success story.

There are other ways to do it, sure, but as a guy who has no self control when it comes to food, I can actually eat until I feel full, and do so healthfully. The food is also so much more interesting, vibrant and varied than before too. I eat better than I ever have.

That's my story and I would be happy to share more if you are interested, but either way I wish you the best of luck in pursuing your weight loss goals. You can do it. It feels incredible to lose over 100 pounds. It is worth every ounce of effort, every drop of sweat.
  • ksmithnh
    ksmithnh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I still have 100 to go, but for right now focused on the first 50. And really committed to doing it in a healthy, realistic way that I know I can stick with. I really believe that its more about changing habits than just hitting a target number of calories. Calorie counting is a great place to start and gives lots of flexibility for days you want to indulge, but not all calories are equal. I know for the long term success I have to make healthier trades. I also know for me I have to focus on smaller milestones. My first was an 8 week challenge to myself to log and to get 90 min activity a week. This is the first time I've stuck to anything for 8 weeks in longer than I can remember!

Anyway, there's another message thread like this one where I found some great friends as well... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1118734-anyone-else-need-to-lose-100lbs

Congrats - you're off to a great start!! Looking forward to see what ideas people have for sticking to it for the long haul!
  • warriorsdontbitch
    warriorsdontbitch Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've lost about 100ilbs. But my ultimate goal is 150ilbs.