Kahlua Mousse

Options
RoadDog
RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
I made a Kahlua Mousse many years ago. Invited a bunch of friends and family over to my new house to meet my new gf. This was about 1985. Cinco de Mayo. BBQ. Bought a pinata. Two blenders going to make Margaritas. I wanted sometning I hadn't made before. The Mousse. ALMOST followed the recipe until I got to the Kahlua part. If 2 cups is good, 5 cups is better, right?

Made a pitcher full, poured it out into individual 3 oz plastic cups. Set them on a tray the night before in the fridge.

BBQ went great, Old friends, new friends, my family, her family....everyone got along great. After we ate and had several Pitchers of Margaritas, I went to get the dessert.

Never set up. Too much Kahlua, Everyone loved my rich thick kahlua shooters.

Don't even ask about the Jello shooters I made last year. I never learn.

Replies

• mrsdonaheღ
    Options
    Recipe, please!! YUM!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Here is the recipe. Learning to bake and make desserts has taught me that I can be as creative as I like in the kitchen, until it comes to desserts, then I have to follow a recipe.

1c sugar
    1c water
    1 pint whipping cream
    4 eggs
    12 oz.(2c) semi-sweet chocolate chips
    dash of salt
    1/3c Kahlua
    1/8c cognac

In medium sauce pan,combine sugar and water. Heat slowly til sugar is completely melted and very hot,about 5 mins.
    In bowl of electric mixer,whip cream till stiff peaks form. Set aside.
    In blender combine eggs,chocolate chips,and salt. On lowest speed,in a slow,steady stream,add sugar mixture. Blend till smooth. Add kahlua and cognac. Mix well.
    In large bowl,place 3 cups whipped cream. Fold in chocolate mixture till mixed well
    Pour mixture into individual serving dishes.Chill till set,at least 3 hours.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    YUM. Would it be inappropriate if I served this at my son's first birthday party next week?? :wink: (Only for the adults, of course!) Thank you for the recipe!!!
  • mrsdonaheღ
    Options
    Thank you!!!