We're all allowed a day off, maybe not quite like this!

Options
Hi everyone

I started this journey 1st May 2013. Getting close to my third personal milestone, so as an early treat, decided to eat whatever I wanted to eat for one day.

I honestly don't cut out the unhealthy foods, I just eat them in moderation, I eat what I want as long I choose smaller portions and healthy alternatives.

Getting close to 30kg loss, I'm also looking for more friends to join me and keep me motivated for my remaining 39kg I would like to shift. So add me if you'd like.

42765637_4681.jpg42765637_2338.jpg

And yes, I finished that :)

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You're doing great and it's awesome that you've learned to have the foods you love in moderation. I'm all about that too. It's an attitude that has totally kept me sane this time.
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love it!!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Great work! I'm all about getting to eat what I love while being healthier. Sounds like we have a similar approach :). Keep it up!
  • DaddyDave101
    DaddyDave101 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Haha very similar to me. Had a big loss of 4lb this week so decided to have a eat anything day. I went out for a family meal (christmas dinner) and have had a chinese takeaway in bed. Feel awful and stuffed now but know one day doesn't make the difference its the choices I make for the rest of the week that do.

Its been fun though to eat what I want and what I have learnt is how much I used to eat guilt free was ridiculous. Now wonder I turned into a fatty.

Back on it tomorrow.

To the OP, im not sure if its true or any science actually behind it but sometimes I think that whole trick the body and mixing it up can actually help!
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It must be that kind of day. I indulged my sweet tooth today. Whatever I wanted.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I love it when people eat REAL food and lose weight. The reason I have failed so many times is because I would restrict then quit. I love being able to eat and lose, especially this time of year!! Great job!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! :bigsmile:
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Congrats !! That looks like it was yummmmy ;)
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    What was desert?

Last year I made a point of having a decent birthday meal - ate over 5000 calories in the day.
    But went for a long bike ride and a run so burnt 6000 calories and still lost weight :).
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress. I must admit just looking at your plate gives me a slight tummy ache.
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress. I must admit just looking at your plate gives me a slight tummy ache.

Not a slight tummy ache for me. Rip Roaring Major tummy ache. I cannot eat the quantity or grease that I used to and looking at that much food for one person makes me want to barf. But that is me and if it works for you - Go for it. Many ways in the world to get the job done,
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    That right there is an epic sammich.

I tip my hat to you, your success, and your sammich.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a good burger, but that thing is ridiculous. I'm not sure I even know how to physically eat something like that. That looks like one of those burgers from Heart Attack Grill.
  • new2canada
    new2canada Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think you have done great but the calories in that burger would be astronomical, I think you have to be a bit careful. It's one thing to treat yourself and fit things into your calorie limit...but don't you think that is a bit too much?

I myself have lost the weight and then gained some back, it's so easy to do. Unless you make mindful choices you could end up back where you started.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! (the weight loss and eating all that food) :drinker:
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Niiiiiiice! I bet that sucker was GOOD! But no way on EARTH I could finish it! LOL But like you, I've lost weight eating what I want in moderation. I just broke into a 'new' zone for me! No celebrating for a bit, but man, you gotta enjoy life! And since that's what you're doing, rock on! :bigsmile:
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!! That's the right way to do it!!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I think you have done great but the calories in that burger would be astronomical, I think you have to be a bit careful. It's one thing to treat yourself and fit things into your calorie limit...but don't you think that is a bit too much?

I myself have lost the weight and then gained some back, it's so easy to do. Unless you make mindful choices you could end up back where you started.

It WAS a mindful choice. Planned and enjoyed and done without guilt. That's why it's so awesome :) It's obviously not an everyday thing.
  • narwhalpr
    narwhalpr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I started this journey 1st May 2013. Getting close to my third personal milestone, so as an early treat, decided to eat whatever I wanted to eat for one day.

I honestly don't cut out the unhealthy foods, I just eat them in moderation, I eat what I want as long I choose smaller portions and healthy alternatives.

Getting close to 30kg loss, I'm also looking for more friends to join me and keep me motivated for my remaining 39kg I would like to shift. So add me if you'd like.

42765637_4681.jpg42765637_2338.jpg

And yes, I finished that :)

Omg... looks delicious... xD

Awesome job!! I'll send a FR!
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! You've earned that treat. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!