slighly discouraged...

Options
So I''m working out daily, at least once if not twice.. I'm almost alwasy below my calorie goal, and still my weight is not budging at all for the last week. i AM seeing inches going slowly, but the weight isnt at all, and i want to lose 40. anyone else having this problem, or have any suggestions?

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    just relax...i had the same problem, i didn't lose anything for an entire month...it'll happen once your body stops hating you. just make sure you're above 1200 calories, drink tons of water...and keep doing what you're doing. it's only a week...
  • skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You probably want to really watch the carbs / sugar intake. I find if I do really good on these two, then I will lose more weight.
  • mpalmer1
    Options
    I was told once not to worry too much about the weight and focus on the inches more. If you are working out lots, you are building muscle tone and that burns calories faster. That is why you are seeing the weight move more slowly and the inches more quickly. Sounds like you are doing a fantastic job so far, keep up the good work!!:wink:
  • tkylem
    Options
    When are you weighing yourself?

DO NOT weigh yourself everyday... your weight fluctuates from day to day with water-weight so weighing yourself multiple times during the week will only discourage you. Try setting 1 weigh-in day a week or every 2-weeks and weigh in first thing in the morning. Don't eat anything before weighing in, try to go to the bathroom before weigh-in, and don't wear shoes/clothing. Also, try eating light the night before your weigh-in.

This will probably give you a better reading...
  • groucherella
    Options
    Have you changed up your workout routine?
  • margaritamix19
    Options
    Hi, don't worry. yes, do make sure do never dip below 1200 calories because you might slow your metabolism.

The reason you see inches coming off, but not weight may be because you are using your muscles and building a bit more muscle, which takes up less space than fat. But muscle wights a bit more than fat. This is a good thing because muscle helps you keep your metabolism going. So actual weight loss is not your only measurement of progress. Your inches are showing progress, too!
  • hmenheer
    Options
    Sweetie you're doing great! The inches will count more in the end anyways. You're likely making muscle right now, which weighs more than fat, and losing fat as well so maybe it's just balancing out. Don't be discouraged! Remember me telling you everytime I go to the gym, my weight always always goes to the same number, and if I haven't been for a couple of days, it goes down :P Make sure to have lots of small meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism up, and keep doing what you're doing. Try to avoid bad temptations and if you can't help yourself, remember everything in moderation! I know you and this weight won't stay so don't fret! And irregardless, you'll look amazing on your big day :D
  • turbojanem
    Options
    lots of great advice here. being below your calorie count is not enough info for us. are you eating below 1200 calories, or 200 below your exercise calories plus your base calories? you HAVE to have enough calories to fuel your body. if you are exercising 2 times a day, you must monitor your intake closely to have enough calories. the foods you chose will also make a difference. the more colorful your daily foods are, the healthier you will be. and the lighter you will be. variety is a big key too.

and one week. breath my friend. we have ALL been there. we want to see progress. now. nothing worth having happens over night. nothing. do the work daily. daily. it will happen. you may have to adjust your eating here and there. you will have to mix up your workout from time to time...but it WILL happen, if you do what you need to. ....eat healthy. do the workout that works for your body.

cheering you on!
    Jane
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thanks! for the most part im below my daily calroies including the extra calories from working out, usually about 100 or 200 below. m not used to eating so little though (this is how i gained weight during the pregnancy and beforehand)...i think my body is having a hard time adjusting to the low calories...

i feel a bit better though. i AM seeing inches..so maybe ill do what was suggested and just weight in every week instead of everyday which i have been doing. so now i will just ignore the scale til monday :)
  • ChristinaT0507
    Options
    Have you changed up your workout routine?

yes, i was pretty much just doing the treadmill and hot yoga, but this last week i started jillian michaels 30 day shred also.
  • ChristinaT0507
    Options
    When are you weighing yourself?

DO NOT weigh yourself everyday... your weight fluctuates from day to day with water-weight so weighing yourself multiple times during the week will only discourage you. Try setting 1 weigh-in day a week or every 2-weeks and weigh in first thing in the morning. Don't eat anything before weighing in, try to go to the bathroom before weigh-in, and don't wear shoes/clothing. Also, try eating light the night before your weigh-in.

This will probably give you a better reading...

thanks for the suggestion, ill probably just weigh tmyself on mondays now. i have been doing it everymorning when i wake up and before eating, but maybe ill be happier doing it just weekly and have more to fight for?