Best Cardio???

Options
So recently joined the gym and I have my choice of cardio machines, which machines do you prefer and why?? Thanks!!

Replies

• dudleyvic
    Options
    Eliptical machine. Low impact on body. Can work lots of different muscles and burns more calories than bike and walking on treadmill.
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I agree, the elliptical is great! I used to use the stationary bike and liked it but then I tried the elliptical. I burn twice the calories in the same time and really feel like I am getting a better workout. I also really enjoy spinning classes!
  • ladysuperfish
    ladysuperfish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i'm gonna have to go with the herd on this one and say the elliptical. it's easier on the body without being easier on the calories!!
  • skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Treadmill - I can reach a higher heart rate faster on the treadmill than I can on the eliptical machine. I try and get my heart rate at 80% max within the first 2 minutes - then walk / run based on keeping the heart rate maxed out to max on the calorie burn.
  • ME02134
    Options
    I always feel the best/see the most results from running on the treadmill but it's definitely the hardest. If I am feeling tired but still want to get in a cardio workout I do the eliptical.
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    I agree with all,but I would add that I like to change it up a little,the elyptical is my favorite as I have a bad knee,but I will sometimes do 15 minutes elyptical ,15 minutes treadmill and 15 minutes stairclimber.I usually can burn upwards of 650 cals in 45 minutes with any combination.