Would like an Insanity Workout support group :)

Options
Hi I'm 26 and am 206 pounds. I have just started insanity (day 3) but I'm afraid I'll give up before the 60 days are over. Is anyone else going through this who would like to encourage each other?

Replies

• jessicagross94
    jessicagross94 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to place you in my challenge group on facebook! Daily accountability & personal one on one coaching with moi :)

Message and add me if interested

Jessica
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm doing round 2 of insanity now on day 7. Its my fave program. Add me for support if you want :) Awesome job by the way!

Jess
  • Fitness_110
    Fitness_110 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm so glad you started this thread. I completed round 1 of Insanity but and was supposed to start round 2 last week but didn't. I would love to be in a supportive group of people so that we can motivate each other :)
  • tiihonenc
    Options
    I did Insanity for two weeks and could feel my core strengthening, but then I hurt my ankle and stopped so I wouldn't injure myself further. Shortly after I threw my back out and am too afraid to start it again- even though that was months ago. Do yall know if it would be ok for me to go back into it? I'm 5'4, 220 lbs and want to get down to 140.
  • SnackHips
    SnackHips Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have done week 1 twice. lol I would really like to start it and finish it. I had personal issues that got in the way before, but was loving the workouts themselves. How do I join the group?
  • SnackHips
    SnackHips Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity for two weeks and could feel my core strengthening, but then I hurt my ankle and stopped so I wouldn't injure myself further. Shortly after I threw my back out and am too afraid to start it again- even though that was months ago. Do yall know if it would be ok for me to go back into it? I'm 5'4, 220 lbs and want to get down to 140.

I don't have any experience with back injuries. Was it bad enough to see a doctor or just uncomfortable? If you think you can handle it, modify and take it at your own pace. It is the kind of program that seems to produce results even when you can only do half of the work...and by the time you finish, those muscles may be strong enough to do more.
  • nicki003
    nicki003 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't mess with back injuries, saying this from experience. Ask your doctor if he/she thinks you're okay to get back into strenuous exercise. I really messed up my back in 2010 and I only got the go ahead from my doctor about 6 months ago.
    If you can't see a doctor then just take it easy, do the workout but at half or a quarter of what you normally would. And maybe get one of those exercise back brace things.
  • nicki003
    nicki003 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Starting insanity 12/09/2013 :)
  • jewelalicea
    Options
    Hi! I'm jewels! I actually just started the program on the 6th. I have the same fear of not completing the program. I definitely would love to encourage one another! I find that it helps to keep looking up peoples before and afters as well as inspirational quotes! Another thing I did was go out and bought some new workout clothes; I know it's at home but I felt like I wanted to look good while feeling good! Also I watch youtube videos of some fitness instructors; my favorite is leansecrets.com. She is a wonderful encouragement and gives great advice. I just keep thinking that this is possible!!!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 tomorrow:)
  • punk_uss
    punk_uss Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I accomplished weeks 1 and 2 then took a break for vacation. Now I thought I would return to week 1 again and would be interested in a support group or friends to join in the journey.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    H are a list of groups related to Insanity on MFP:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?utf8=✓&phrase=insanity

Edit: Working out six days a week is incredibly hard on your body. IMO control the program and listen to your body. Don't let the program dictate what you do. Don't force yourself to do more than is reasonable. If it beats you down to the point of dreading doing the workouts then you'll end up quitting. Sticking to it is better than rushing through it.