Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I want to get a heart rate monitor to make sure the calories I'm burning at the gym are accurate, but I'm kind of technologically challenged so I'd like something that is simple to use. I bought one before and it was asking for a ton of information to input like my stride lengths, age, weight, calorie goals, max heart rate, and my sitting heart rate. I would like something with minimal input needed. What heart rate monitor is the most user friendly, as well as budget friendly. I'm fine with spending between 50 and 100 dollars, but not much more.

Thanks for any answers/help!!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    A Polar FT4 would suit your needs perfectly. Easy to set up and easy to operate.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I like my Polar FT7, very easy to set up and use.
    Has been very reliable and compatible with most gym equipment.

And it wishes you happy birthday with a picture of a cake - what more can you ask for? :laugh:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Yup, Polar FT4 is pretty simple. You just need to imput language preference, time, date, height, weight, date of birth and gender and you're good to go. Sounds like what you already have may be more for all day calorie calculation so you should know the Polar FT4 is only for use during steady state cardio, not for all day calorie tracking.

Here's a digital copy of the user manual

http://www.polar.com/e_manuals/FT4/Polar_FT4_user_manual_English/Polar_FT4_user_manual_EN.pdf
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I agree... the Polar FT4 is great. It's around $60 on Amazon :)
  • sassy1grl
    sassy1grl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    love my polar ft4.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 if you just want calories and a sensor that works right
    Polar FT7 if you like to have more gadgets
    Garmin if you want GPS included and have money to spend.

If you have greater than an A-cup you won't have sensor reading issues. Remember to clean the sensors on your chest band or you'll eventually end up with bad readings. Men and women with smaller than a B-cup should be wetting the sensors to get better contact with your skin.
  • lyricsmamma6469
    lyricsmamma6469 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :happy: