What nutrition metrics do you track in your diaries?

Options
MFP offers so many metrics for tracking (calories, carbs, protein, fiber etc). What metrics should I track for consistent weightloss?

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Main things I really look at are calories followed by protein, fat and carbs. I glance at the others just to see where I am at but don't really take them too seriously.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    For consistent weight loss, you only need to track calories. For healthy weight loss, you should also watch your carbs, protein, and fats. Then, depending on your personal goals, add other metrics.

I personally track Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Fiber, and Calcium on my main page, as these are the items I am most interested in watching/controlling.

Also, remember that the way MFP does it, the Protein and Fat numbers are minimum amounts to hit, so red is OK with them. Other items vary...
  • gabijadc
    gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    As long as I have about 75-80% of my calories from fats I'm good :)

I watch sugar - no more than 4g at a time as the body can not process more than that
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Carb, Fat, Protein, Sodium, and Iron.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    For weight loss the only thing you actually need to track is calories.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    For my own personal goals, I track fat, protein, and carbs, along with sodium and fiber. Sometimes I swap sodium and sugar, but is more often sodium.