Overweight and Unhappy

Options
Hi, my name is Keondra and I have been overweight my entire adult life. I've been a member of MFP for some time, but rarely ever used it. I've tried so many times but never succeeded at keeping the weight off. I would do well for a while and then slowly fall back into my old habits of eating unhealthy and living a sedentary lifestyle . I'm currently at the heaviest I've ever been and I'm tired of it. I'm ready to take my life back and live a new healthy life. I realized the one thing I've been lacking is a strong support system. I need help, and I need friends who are willing to motivate me and show support. If you can be that kind of friend, please feel free to add me. :smile:

Replies

• Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would love to add you as a friend! Like you, I've been "the fat girl" most of my life and am finally on the path to a skinnier me! Please feel free to send me a FR and we can motivate each other!
  • keonor89
    keonor89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kindness!!! Friend request sent!
  • ElizabethIrish
    ElizabethIrish Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think there are very few on MFP that do not feel the same way you do. Lets face it, we are overweight because we eat too much and don't move enough. Losing weight is very hard work and we all need help. Tracking your food intake here is so helpful and I find it a huge dose of reality. I encourage you to especially read the stories on here of those who have lost 100 pounds or more. I am so inspired by those folks - there is no magic pill, no miracle surgery, no easy or soft way - alot of hard work but LOOK at the benefits! A thinner, healthier, happier YOU! Don't give up! You CAN do it!
  • keonor89
    Options
    Thank you so much, your words are truly inspiring to me. I have learned that it is hard work, and that I was often not in the mindset that I needed to be in to be successful. Thank you for the response and the support!!! :-)
  • toridehaven
    Options
    Girl, I totally understand where you are coming from! I am so sick of being on this roller coaster ride and wish I could just wake up and be thin! Anyway, I would love to offer you the same support that I am looking for myself! We can do this...one pound at a time!
  • keonor89
    Options
    It makes me feel so much better to know that there are people out there who understand! We definitely can do this!!!
  • ShellMarie35
    ShellMarie35 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel because in the past I have always fallen back into an unhealthy lifestyle too, but over the summer I decided to change all that and lose weight and keep it off. It takes a lot of hard work, but it's definitely worth it. Good luck to you. :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    its time to take back your life girl. its easy once you set your mind to it!!!! just start today. JUST START. one day at a time. one meal at a time. 4.5 months ago i dreamed of having these results that im having i knew it would happen and i would say i know im going to do it i wish i could just fast forward and be there already. but im glad i didnt. every single day was a day for me to learn to eat better, make better choices, love myself more. and feel better about myself. just do it. girl. i know you can.
  • CLBoni
    Options
    Well I hear ya!! Today is my first day (again) and I too, am the heaviest I have ever been. Been overweight since I got married 20 years ago. I turned 50 this year and that has been my turning point. Please add me as a friend! We can do this together!!!
  • Ablange
    Ablange Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! Support to give and support needed. I am in your same situation. Multiple attempts to lose weight and multiple times of failing. We can do this! You have taken your first step in the right direction just by making this post!
  • keonor89
    Options
    Thank you all for the support and encouragement!!! I know that we can all meet our goals! And this post was tough for me to write. But I knew if I could get through it and get it out there then I could find people who were like me, who have similar struggles to me. Thank you all for replying and letting me know that taking this first step was the best thing I could've ever done!!!
  • rrichichi
    rrichichi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I wrote your opening post. Your mot alone - we can help each other - add me as a friend for support through this long journey we've undertaken. Keep the faith!
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! Im with you all. ive basically been over weight since my 20s. A little in my teens but really on and off since my 20s. At one point I did do it the unhealthy way. Then I got healthy but after my youngest was born its been a struggle for me. Besides for being on the depo shot after her which Ive been off for a year already its still a struggle every day. I know that there isnt any magical pill or diet to do and its consistency and presistent. For the past year Ive been trying, did so for a month last Dec then fell off. Did so for a month in July before vacation fell off but back in Sept I said enough is enough I need to do something...My oldest turned 10 and said its 6 months til my 32nd birthday its time for a change. I started to eat more healthy over the summer but then I signed up for this back in Sept and really didnt truly log everything but im apart of a group and a cpl challenges was to log everything accurately. So since Nov I started to religiously log everything. Just want to add in even if we have a bad day or week or so we can always pick our selfs up and dusts our selfs off. We can do this :)
  • freebirdsnsc
    freebirdsnsc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You are not alone as you can see. One day at a time! :o)
  • coffeegirl33
    coffeegirl33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same goes for me. I've been the chunky girl all my life :( I joined MFP a while ago with, good intentions, but never used it. When I logged in today I realized since I joined a year ago I actually gained 16 pounds. :( I'm 4'11 and weigh 167lbs. Not my heaviest (which was 180lbs when I was 17, I'm now 35) but close to it. I feel horrible and know I need to lose the weight but can never seem to get motivated. I work in an office and sit the majority of the day. Then go home and do nothing but watch tv and eat because I'm bored or figure since I'm already heavy what more can it hurt. Maybe we can help each other out. I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

17882085.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • TheFangsKittie
    TheFangsKittie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Log and move, log and move - YOU CAN DOOO IT :D Good luck
  • Inrequia
    Inrequia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, hon! Feel free to add me as a friend - we can support, motivate, and cheer each other on!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    We all understand! That is why this is such a great site. I've done SO much better since I started tracking, even though I've been a lot more loose about it recently, I've learned a lot !

It took what felt like Forever to Finally get into a workout routine that I was Consistent with and sticking too! yeah!!!!!

I'm also a Michigander! Will send you a friend request. Anyone else can feel free to friend me too
  • boydsterk
    boydsterk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'd love to help motivate! Add me!
  • keonor89
    Options
    You all are the best!!! Thank you so much!