Strange feeling while lifting free weights today

Options
I did a back and bicep routine today, curls and hammers and such, alternating with pull ups and chin ups. I usually experience a pretty good pump while working out, but today my muscles swelled almost excessively. My skin felt really tight and stretched and then I started to feel a bit of numbness in my forearms, like blood flow was being restricted. My form and intensity were not really compromised, but I was uncomfortable. Sound serious or no?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    honestly it just feels like the pump. we're the reps on the high side? numbness in your forearms is a situation you should monitor going forward but none of this is stuff that i'd worry about as a one time thing
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    honestly it just feels like the pump. we're the reps on the high side? numbness in your forearms is a situation you should monitor going forward but none of this is stuff that i'd worry about as a one time thing

<3 the pump...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

<3 the pump...

*claps hands*
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    12-15 rep range today. I will definitely keep an eye on the numbness. Kinda freaked me out. Thank you.
  • MzTanya77
    MzTanya77 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    High reps have caused my muscle to swell like that. Just rest them for a few days and drink alot of water.