Do you own a clothing item with a strange history?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I have a Navy Flight Jacket from 1972. I was a Marine and on Liberty in San Diego in 1972. Had a Naval Officer start hassling me and my buddy on the street, because we did not salute. We were all in uniform. My buddy told the officer and his buddies to F off.

The Officer took his jacket off and told us he was going to kick our butts. 15 seconds later, I picked his Jacket off the ground and kept it as a Souvenir. 4 Naval Officers are no match for 2 Marine Pfc's.

My daughter uses the jacket when she rides on the back of my motorcycle. I haven't been able to fit in it for over 20 years.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys have some really interesting clothing items in your possession.

Also, I just remembered that I have had a hoodie belonging to a meth dealer in the back of my closet for like the last year. I've thought of getting rid of it, but that's not really something I want to contend with in case someone ever asks me about it(doubt that will happen) and wants it back. Lol. Fairly certain no one will ever remember what happened to it.

For the record, I have never and will never do meth. It was the dealer of a girlfriend of mine. I also did not know until a while later that the guy was indeed her dealer, and I didn't find that out from her. Go figure. Meth addicts aren't the most honest bunch...
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I have a dress that lets one boob hang out in the open.
  • shining_light
    Options

.... why? Lol.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My clothes were taken from my by my captors, but my boots are pretty nice and warm. Gonna need them, since I'm fettered and can't keep running from the Winter
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options

.... why? Lol.

Because it's the traditional garb of Qartheen ladies and I am the Mother of Dragons.
  • shining_light
    Options

.... why? Lol.

Because it's the traditional garb of Qartheen ladies and I am the Mother of Dragons.

I just went and looked it up. Very nice.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I still own a pair of Bugle Boy jeans from 1991.....they are size 34 x 30....these are my goal pants.....the day i can fit back into them , I'm wearing them to work.

Your cover photo is disturbing but funny.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

.... why? Lol.

Who cares why?.....Go with it.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have a t-shirt i had sown onto a blanket from a friend who committed suicide.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My 80 something year old grandma discovered I was into vintage clothing so gave me some (unworn!) vintage foundation garments that she had squirreled away decades ago. Big spanx styled underwear.

Literally, grandma underpants.