fresh ideas for beef nd recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• HarleyQuinn1774
    HarleyQuinn1774 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I use my slow cooker for almost everything I can. I love pork chops and apples in the slow cookers, just some cinnamon and a little brother and you are good to go also I add squash to it at times.

This seriously made me giggle. I couldn't help but picture someone tossing their little brother in the Crock-Pot in a complete witch-of-Hansel-and-Gretel way while cackling.

I'm thinking you meant broth, but it made for a good laugh.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    check out some of these websites

skinnytaste.com
    emilybites.com
    kraft.com
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Buy a cross-rib roast (or two).
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    Place in a large casserole dish.
    Sprinkle liberally with salt (I prefer unrefined!!), pepper, and garlic powder.
    Cover with foil and place in oven. Lower oven temperature gauge to 325, and let roast for about 3 hours, or until the meat is totally tender.
    The fat melts off the roast, so you can skim it off the cooled broth.
    Break it up with a fork or slice it.
    Now you have tender seasoned beef to freeze in ziplocs.
    Use it in any way you wish! Sandwiches, casseroles, or simply heat and serve with steamed veggies and bread. MMMMmmmmm! Winner!
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Here are some beef recipes from my blog:

http://lowcaleating.blogspot.no/search/label/beef
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys, you are Awesome!

I'm from a country with no tradition of pot roasts, But the Granny recipe sounds like I will submerge the meat in wine and water? DidI get it right?

II'm getting hungry just reading these!
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    Get a flank or hangar steak, marinate in your fav mexican spices w/some lime juice and little olive oil - marinate for 30 minutes or overnight. Grill to your doneness, slice across the grain for killer fajitas. Use the same pan to quick sear your veg, I use onions, garlic, sweet and hot peppers and serve with sour cream, cheese and guacamole.

Tamale pie ground beef cooked w/onions, garlic, tomatoes, & mexican spices. Make your fav cornbread recipe and spred on top. bake till cornbread crust is browned.

or Shepherd's, ground beef cooked w/onions, garlic, carrots and potatoes, top with mashed potatoes and bake until top is golden and crispy.

Sauerbraten is a good way to use a tough chuck roast. You'll have to plan though as it needs to marinade for at least 3 days. Lots of recipes on-line.

LOVE cooking down a pork butt (aka pork shoulder and Boston butt) in crock pot, shred add BBQ sauce for pulled pork sandwiches or add taco seasoning for killer tacos or burritos.

My go-to trick with my crock pot is to let if simmer overnight, transfer the contents to a cool pot, store in frig for the day, then skim all that congealed fat before you re-heat when you get home. I get a substantial amount of fat off that way.
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I got to test a new recipe and it is AMAZING!

Ingredients

Marinade:
    extra virgin olive oilj 80 ml
    lemon juice 30 ml
    fresh oregano, chopped 15 g
    fresh mint, chopped 15 g
    Garlic pressed 1 clove
    Red Chilli pepper, 1 pinch
    Beef fillet 750 g
    Bamboo sticks
    Cous Cous Salad
    cous cous 250 g
    raisins 30 g
    chicken broth 500 ml
    spring onion, finely chooped 50 g
    parsley, finely chopped 15 g
    fresh mint 10 g
    extra virgin olive oil 30 ml
    fresh lemon juice 30 ml
    sea salt 1 pinch
    freshly ground black pepper, 1 pinch
    medium red bell peppers, finely diced 2 pcs
    medium onion, finely diced 1 pc

Direction

1 Mix all marinade ingredients in a small bowl
    2 cut meat into pieces, put into a bowl, pour marinade over meat. Store in fridge for 2-4 hours
    3 While meat is marinading, get started on the salad. Put couscous and raisins into a bigger bowl. Bring chicken broth to boil and pour over couscous. Stit and let sit for 10 minutes
    4 Put remaining salad ingredients in the bowl with cous cous and mix thoroughly
    5 Take meat out of fridge and put it on the bamboo sticks
    6 Set your grill to indirect high heat and gril for 8-10 minutes, turning the meat over halfway through the process.

Enjoy!