Wedding Bootcamp

Options
Hi Everyone! It is so encouraging to see all the helpful ideas out there!! i am focused on getting in shape for my wedding, 10 months from now. I know its still a ways away but i figure it is never too early to get in shape and lose some weight! This site has really got me motivated to take my health into my own hands and get a grip on what i am really eating. Helpful motivators or ideas are encouraged!!

Replies

• ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    hey! im in the same boat..kinda :) my wedding is in 6 months and i just had a baby, im double duty working out lol.
    i just started the jillian michaels 30 day shred..awesome workout, i highly suggest it. this website has helped me too. imstill just a baby using it but there are some excellent tips out there! goodluck!
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    30 day shred then......Try p90x...you will be able to complete it twice before your wedding....Do that and you will wow everyone.....and huby will be a happy man on your wedding night.
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    So i just got marred in Sept.. i did Zumba like crazy!! and just didn't touch much bread at all.. and drank mostly water.. started 2 months before my wedding and dropped almost 30lbs!
  • jgbeachbum
    Options
    congrats on the wedding! i too am in pre wedding boot camp getting ready for a beach wedding in june so i know how you feel!
    i love the p90x it works great i just got it this summer! i just started actually using it this week lol i have also begun a high protien low carb diet with nothing but h2o to drink and do a spinning class 5 days a week! its a great way to burn calories and you really feel the work out. try to stay within 12000 calories per day and eat before you work out some oatmeal is really good and a protien bar after workout.... hope some of this works or helps. i lost 5 pds in one week just by doing this. best of luck!
  • nickiejohnson
    Options
    Well as a bridesmaid in your wedding....we are going to do this together, even if we're 1500 miles apart!!!! First, let me tell you how proud I am of you for taking this step to a healthier lifestyle and getting in shape! Yes!!! Second, Mr.Matthew is going to be one, seriously, lucky man on your wedding night and last but not least anytime you get discouraged or unmotivated, sign in here, everyone is so encouraging and helpful with tips! Stay away from Spitfire...lol! :P Eat healthy and jump on that treadmill! You CAN DO IT!!!!! :D Love you!!!!!
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well as a bridesmaid in your wedding....we are going to do this together, even if we're 1500 miles apart!!!! First, let me tell you how proud I am of you for taking this step to a healthier lifestyle and getting in shape! Yes!!! Second, Mr.Matthew is going to be one, seriously, lucky man on your wedding night and last but not least anytime you get discouraged or unmotivated, sign in here, everyone is so encouraging and helpful with tips! Stay away from Spitfire...lol! :P Eat healthy and jump on that treadmill! You CAN DO IT!!!!! :D Love you!!!!!

WELL SAID! i have a bridesmaid just like you in my wedding. such great support! :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    congrats on your upcoming wedding...i too am a bride on a misson, but i have a year and a half to lose and then maintain 55lbs...we can definitely do this together
  • laurenbausch
    Options
    OMG! Me too!!! My wedding is Feb.19! I've gotta get my tail in shape!!! I have 10 weeks!!!! Damn! This is tough!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Congrats and welcome to the site!
  • Jess0218
    Jess0218 Posts: 138
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) It def is a great support for sure and keeps me accountable!
    I totally recommend Insanity! I have it and am in love! haaha I did P90x and that guys voice just annoyed me, although it was a great workout. Insanity is just more my taste but you have to try and see what you like. I also was introduced to HIIT Training, high intensity interval training. I walk 4 miles on my treadmill each day but started gettin to that "plateau" stage, so this girl on here, she's on my friends page as Natalie, she's such a great help if you wanna befriend her. Anyway, it's 20 minutes 3x's a week, 1minute of low intensity and 30 seconds to 1 min. of high. So basically I have been walking a 4.0 speed for a minute and blast it at 8speed for another minute and do this for 20 minutes. It's been great!!! Anywho, hope these tips help maybe :)
  • JennaBrakke
    JennaBrakke Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about starting Zumba!! how long are your zumba sessions??
  • miadionne
    Options
    Hello and Congrats to all the other brides!!!

I'm getting married on July 23, 2011 in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico and I need to drop 20 lbs. My fiance and I have had a very tragic year (with regards to family) and we've really packed on the pounds. I started out the summer at a svelt 124 lbs and I'm not a round 146 pounds. I'm not saying I don't look good but I dont' feel comfortable in my own skin. However, I did go dress shopping for the first time today and I found THE dress (and I didn't feel chunky so it can only get better with weight loss).

So, my point is, I could really use some help with motivation. I've been hiking at the canyon, running in my neighborhood and doing pilates/yoga at home. My biggest problem is that I tend to lose inches before pounds and I get discouraged when I dont' see the scale move. Is there anyone out there that feels my pain? :(

I'd love to hear from you other gorgeous brides that are counting down to the big day!

Btw, (jnjwhisner - that guy from P90X IS really annoying).
  • emmarie1630
    emmarie1630 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am also working towards my wedding day so I'm definitely here for support! And I could use all the support I can get as well! My wedding is in June 2011.. actually in exactly 7 months. That sounds so soon.. not a lot of time to lose weight! I'm still fairly new to this site but it's great so far! It's an easy way to keep track of everything you're putting into your body and stay accountable for it. I've also found that you can also find helpful tips for just about anything in the message boards. We can all work to keep each other motivated!
  • miadionne
    Options
    If you find any helpful tips/tricks, please send them my way! Congrats on your upcoming wedding... yours is a month before mine but it's going so fast that 8 months suddenly doesn't seem that far away.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My wedding is June 18, 2011 and I'd like to drop 45 pounds by then. I need lots of motivation. Eating well isn't too difficult for me.... but getting to the gym is!!! Please add me as a buddy so we can all motivate each other!

Shannon
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The gym I go to actually offers a wedding bootcamp for brides, bridesmaids, and mothers of the bride. I'll be taking it in June for my October wedding.