Sample Meals Plans

Options
Any ideas on where I can get some free sample meals plans? I'm hoping to better prepare more healthy meals each week but not really sure where to start. I know I could look up individual recipes, but just trying to get some ideas...

Replies

• trigger2013
    trigger2013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Spark people is really good for suggesting meals and snacks to eat within your available calories.
  • rachelamber_x
    rachelamber_x Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    They are recipes rather than meal plans, but skinnytaste.com is really good
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Depending on what type of food profile you follow,www. gnowfglins.com and www.holisticsquid.com offer free sample meal plans, you have to sign up and pay for more though. www.onceamonthmeals.com offers meal plans of all sorts for free with links to recipes, I personally love this site. You do have to sign up and pay for customization but it's totally free to check out the monthly plans.
  • FitMomOK
    FitMomOK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    canyoustayfordinner.com
    Find the posts titled, "Putting My Mom on a Diet" week 1, week2, week3. Awesome, achievable, delicious.
  • mrsbankston
    mrsbankston Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!
  • SoftHeat
    Options
    canyoustayfordinner.com
    Find the posts titled, "Putting My Mom on a Diet" week 1, week2, week3. Awesome, achievable, delicious.

I've spent the last hour reading this blog. Thanks for sharing it!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com
    cookinglight.com
    eatingwell.com
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I like Skinny Taste too. Also on youtube I follow someone called "LeanSecrets"

The best thing I think you can do is try to eat healthy nutritious foods and drink enough water. Maybe try something like this:

Breakfast:
    lemon water
    green smoothie (Mine is 1 cup water, 2 cups baby spinach and baby kale or other greens, 1/2 banana, 1/3 cup blueberries, I also add 1/3 cup fage yogurt or 1 tbl peanutbutter for protein-I don't like protein powders, a few mint leaves, cilantro leaves, a tiny bit of ginger)
    2 boiled eggs with salt, pepper, paprika, and a little extra virgin olive oil

Snack:
    1/4 cup raw unsalted almonds or other nuts

Lunch:
    lean chicken or fish
    lots of veggies (especially green)

Snack
    1 gala apple or other fruits/veggies

Dinner
    lean chicken of fish
    lots of veggies (especially green)
    sweet potato

LOTS of water, add lemon, cucumber, mint if you want

After dinner "tea":
    1/4 lemon juice
    few mint leaves
    few cilantro leaves
    tiny bit of fresh ginger
    add boiling hot water, drink after a few minutes

Some form of activity as often as possible every day. (cardio 3x, strength 3x, walking whenever possible)

Medjool dates for any sweet cravings. A high quality multi-vitamin might be worth adding as well. The idea here is to work towards a healthier lifestyle that involves foods that nourish the body with vitamins and minerals, not just empty calories. I really hope this helps.

You might want to add in rice (brown or basmati), regular potatoes, A high quality multi-vitamin might be worth adding as well.

Don't worry, it is not boring at all. Chicken and fish can both be cooked in thousands of different ways. There is a huge variety of fish to choose from, a huge variety of fruit and veggies to choose from. Eating processed foods or fast food at a calorie deficit may get you the weight you want but perhaps with clogged arteries, high BP, and low energy. For me the goal is always optimal health, energy, and body composition, not just the number on the scale. Eating healthy natural foods also improves my mood and skin, but that's just me. I don't believe in "a calorie is a calorie" and nor does my doctor. (I have been at a healthy weight for 2 years). The idea here is to work towards a healthier lifestyle that can be sustained.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Bump