Work out buddy?

Thesallyfoster
Thesallyfoster Posts: 5 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi there!

I'm new to the site and am looking for a workout buddy! I'd be most interested in someone I can go to the gym with who lives locally (I'm in Boston area-- member of Bally and frequently go to the Medford Bally's but have a national membership so could go anywhere in the area). There are a lot of classes I'd like to try but I'd hate to go alone!

If you aren't local but are looking for something similar-- one person specifically you can chart your progress with, keep each other motivated, etc, and don't have that in your real life, then I'm the girl for you, too. :)

I'm currently 227 lbs, 22 years old, college graduate (work in a law firm) and will be returning to law school next fall. I have never had a gym membership or worked out in my entire life-- not only am I overweight but my muscles are severely lacking and my stamina sucks. This is just honesty. :) If you are in a similar boat, it might be good for us to start a gym routine together!!

Thanks all!

Replies

• PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Wish I could... this Jersey girl lives and works in Jersey.
    Good luck!
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    I have found that a lot of people at my gym go at the same time every day. You might try this and surprisingly enough you might find someone who would be willing to be your workout partner. 2nd taught would be asks around at work. I would be leery of complete strangers from a web site, lots of sick people out there. just my 2 cents.
  • I'm in San Diego. I found my workout buddy at the gym, just like the other post said! We took the same kickboxing class for a year and eventually became workout buddies; for 3 years now. It really helps to have one, you motivate each other when you don't feel like exercising.
  • jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    I agree with the posts above me! I don't currently have a "workout buddy", but at the last place I lived, I took the same class the same days a week at the gym and quickly made friends! Good luck finding yours!
This discussion has been closed.