Bride Oct 2014 Looking for support

Options
Looking for support of other to be brides! My Wedding is Oct 2014. Last year in Oct I weighed 156 currently I weigh 192, yeah not the direction I was looking to go in! So I have till July (when my dress comes in) to kick it into gear. Looking for other brides-to-be for support!

Replies

• jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yeah girl!
    My wedding is OCT. 11, 2014! Let's get HOT!
  • Skatha89
    Skatha89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mine is Oct 1, 2014! I'm adding you both :)
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Mine is the 11th as well!! :)
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i'm going to be a bridesmaid in september so i'm not quite on the same team, but i'm going to be ordering my dress in july/august as well! looking to drop about 50 pounds from where i am now, hopefully 60!
  • Ceilidh_H
    Ceilidh_H Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Mine is not until Feb 2015 but I would love to have some motivation as well. Add me if you like :)
  • livelaughloveandfitness
    Options
    I'm not exactly engaged or anything yet (I'm waiting for him to propose) lol but I weight about the same and I am in the same time frame for loosing weight! Feel free to add me!
  • just4peju
    just4peju Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please add me, my guy hasn't proposed yet but we are discussing around September 2014 so please feel free to add me currently 170lbs shooting to get rid of 30lbs at the very least. Please add me
  • blueberrybelle21
    Options
    I'm not going to be a bride any time soon, but I do get what it is like trying to loose weight for an event that means a lot to you! So I'm wishing you the best of luck! I know you will look fabulous in the dress of your dreams!
  • byzzle
    byzzle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! October 11th, 2014 is my wedding as well. How fabulous. Would you love to connect with each of you that are trying to get fit before the big day. Especially those of us with similar wedding date deadlines.
  • Jenna299
    Options
    Well... I am not getting married, I am not going to be in a wedding and I am not even dating... lol but I am on a weight loss journey and I am looking for MFP friends! lol.
  • mbmorse1011
    Options
    Yeah! Lots of new friends to add! I look forward to supporting all of you! And preparing for our big days!
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Oct 18, 2014 here! I'm looking to lose another 10lbs!
  • PrimalGirl
    PrimalGirl Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    September 7 2014 - looking to drop body fat more than weight as I'm doing a lot of weight training at the moment so I don't think the scale will move much.

Would love to lose, ideally, 3 inches from my waist and 5 from my hips.

You can all add me if you like!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Mine is October 4th.

Not looking to lose a certain amount but. just want to feel good and look good on my big day!
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I actually just got engaged last night so this is perfect timing! I know we are thinking of having a fall wedding, but haven't set a date yet. I am wanting to lose another 25 lbs. before then. I am sending friend requests so that we can support each other through the wedding planning process.
  • byzzle
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement! We're still in the early stages of planning a long distance wedding (getting married in our home state, because it's way too expensive to have the wedding in Chicago!). So it's going to be a crazy 10-ish months of trying to lose weight and plan, but bring it on! At least all the wedding planning will keep me distracted from Christmas cookies...hopefully. :)
  • mbmorse1011
    Options
    We are getting married back home too (live in Indianapolis, from Wisconsin) I have alot done already which I'm excited about but still so much to think about and remember to do.
  • byzzle
    Options
    We are getting married back home too (live in Indianapolis, from Wisconsin) I have alot done already which I'm excited about but still so much to think about and remember to do.

Wow, that is super similar for us. We are in Chicago and getting married back home in Kentucky. Average wedding there is less than $10k...here the average is around $30.
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement! We're still in the early stages of planning a long distance wedding (getting married in our home state, because it's way too expensive to have the wedding in Chicago!). So it's going to be a crazy 10-ish months of trying to lose weight and plan, but bring it on! At least all the wedding planning will keep me distracted from Christmas cookies...hopefully. :)

Thank you!! I know there isn't much time and we haven't planned anything, so it will definitely be a hectic 10 months! I'm hoping that having such a big event as my deadline will motivate me and keep me on track with my weightloss.
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    All of you please feel free to add me! I was a bride this year :) Still working out and trying to maintain/better my body!